GrapeCity today announced that the latest release of ActiveReports Server, a 100% web-based ad hoc reporting solution for business users, adds advanced report scheduling capabilities, and support for PostgreSQL databases.
Companies can now deploy ad hoc reporting on top of PostgreSQL databases. The report scheduling and delivery features of ActiveReports Server have undergone a major upgrade. Along with other new enhancements, IT administrators can now share report schedules by user role, specify additional delivery options such as Windows File Share, and allow users to personalize the delivered report emails.
ActiveReports Server already supports multi-tenant ad hoc reporting for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) deployments. It also supports Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) to grant single sign-on access to business users of Microsoft Windows Active Directory and other LDAP-compatible directories.
The latest ActiveReports Server release includes new features, such as the ability to:
• Enable or disable scheduling of reports for users in specific roles.
• Control when scheduled reports run during a day, week, or month.
• Control whether users can configure values for settings such as delivery format, delivery type, email subject text, email body text, and other options depending on delivery type.
• Allow role-based access to shared schedules.
• Deploy ad hoc, self-service reporting on PostgreSQL Databases.
The new release includes optimized support for installing the evaluation version of ActiveReports Server on a Windows 8 Machine with IIS8 and for using Windows Server 2012 in production. ActiveReports Server also adds support for synonym table types in Microsoft SQL Server databases.