Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, today released new innovations for its Kony MobileFabric 6.5 update that gives developers the freedom to use any open mobile developer framework and tool of choice without sacrificing the security and quality required by the business. With this latest release of Kony MobileFabric, developers can take advantage of new API Management, Mobile App Management (MAM), analytics and Application Performance Management (APM) services that have been added into this latest backend mobile infrastructure release.
Today’s enterprises are under tremendous pressure to deliver world-class mobile experiences to their customers and employees, but their app developers are often held back by the cost and complexity of creating breakthrough mobile apps. Typically this requires building and maintaining a lot of custom-built integration code; studies show that over 40 percent of development projects have custom build backend mobile infrastructure. Kony MobileFabric unshackles enterprises from these boundaries, providing the freedom to build innovative mobile apps to meet customer and employee demands. With Kony MobileFabric, enterprises can lower the costs of building their mobile infrastructure, while also optimizing the customer experience by having better insight into their mobile usage, user journey and events, engagement and crash analytics. Having this insight enables them to take action and prevent any disruption to their mobile experience, which is critical to ensuring higher mobile app adoption and satisfaction.
“IT and app developers alike are often trapped by technological limitations that prevent them from building innovative mobile apps,” said Burley Kawasaki, senior vice president of Products and Strategy, Kony, Inc. “Kony MobileFabric provides organizations with the best of both worlds – giving the organization the opportunity to innovate at a faster pace with pre-built, enterprise grade backend services without conceding on control needed to keep the business from risk. Developers are free to use any toolset they choose and IT can provide flexibility and security simultaneously.”
The key benefits of the new version of Kony MobileFabric includes the following:
- Openness – Enables developers to use their choice of open and web development standards and technologies, including:
- Support for major public cloud platforms (including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and VMware VCloudAir).
- Support for all major server/OS platforms on the backend (Red Hat Linux, Windows, Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere).
- Agility – Mobile developers can adopt new API Management capabilities to rapidly build, test, deploy, reuse, and secure APIs for their mobile backend services using visual design tools. Developers and IT can now:
- Easily discover metadata about line-of-business systems and services.
- Get access to more than 90 out-of-box adapters to the most common line-of-business and technology systems.
- Leverage the speed of cloud deployments to rapidly provision new environments.
- Control – New control features allow IT to:
- Implement standard governance and control hub across all mobile apps throughout the enterprise environment regardless of how it was built (native, web, hybrid).
- Expand integration with existing identity systems and cloud-based identity services, and adds an entirely new Mobile App Management (MAM) service to apply uniform app policy to enforce highest levels of application security.
- Have a single point of control to manage access to backend data and business process, which will prevent potential business risk.
- Insight – Optimize the customer experience by having better insight into mobile usage, user journey and events, engagement and crash analytics:
- Automatically understand the real-time behavior of customers’ mobile experiences, including usage, engagement and crash analytics captured through auto-instrumentation of the user journey.
- Have access to a custom report designer to allow the business to gain insight into business metrics, and to optimize the customer experience end-to-end to ensure high adoption rates and satisfaction.
- Access real-time analytics and application performance management (APM) to achieve agility and responsiveness to change.
“Mobile architectures are increasingly being designed so that the backend works with any number of front-end apps and a mobile app works with any number of backend services. This is the new world of APIs that creates a tidier boundary of access and granularizes backend systems into composable API-based services,” according to Al Hilwa, research program director, IDC.1
Kony recently announced the release of the new versions of Kony MobileFabric listed in AWS Marketplace, including a free Developer Edition (AWS usage fees apply). The new versions are part of a comprehensive lineup of Kony MobileFabric offerings powered by AWS, giving developers the freedom to use open mobile developer frameworks and tools of choice, as well as take advantage of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to rapidly provision and scale their backend mobile infrastructure. By making these new offerings available in AWS Marketplace, the cost and complexity of mobile app development is significantly reduced. These new editions are immediately available today on www.kony.com/aws/.
Kony MobileFabric is part of Kony’s industry-leading mobile application development platform (MADP) portfolio. In addition to enabling developers to use any open mobile developer framework and tool, Kony MobileFabric can also integrate with Kony’s front-end development tool.
For two years in a row (2013 and 2014), industry analyst firm Gartner placed Kony in the “Leaders” quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platforms. Kony also received the highest scores in 3 out of 4 use cases in Gartner’s Critical Capabilities for Mobile Application Development Platforms report. In addition, Kony was recognized as “One of the Best Platform Solutions for the Enterprise” amongst Mobile Application Development Platform providers: Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a Mobile App Development Platform Solution, 2015-16.