Digital Performance software company, Dynatrace today unveiled a new release of Data Center Real User Monitoring (DC RUM), version 12.4. This new release delivers end-user and transaction-centric performance monitoring for dynamic data centers, providing new visibility into software-defined networks and accelerating the transition of organizations to more service-oriented IT operations. By analyzing performance metrics in the context of the user’s experience, DC RUM enables IT teams to prioritize and solve problems directly impacting their users, helping organizations save valuable time and resources.
In response to business demands, IT must deliver more and more complex application services using disparate platforms. According to Gartner, large enterprises manage an average of 871 applications. Dynamic, software-defined data centers facilitate this growth, but they also introduce new complexity and new challenges to delivering stellar user experience.
DC RUM tames the complexity of today’s dynamic IT environments with powerful insights and analytics that are easy to deploy and use. No matter how quickly new IT services are introduced to end-users, DC RUM 12.4 immediately discovers and reveals their impact on experience with deep network and application tier detail. It introduces visibility into virtual networks, transactional insights into new application environments, and new interfaces to external IT Operations Analytics (ITOA) and dashboarding solutions.
Read Dynatrace’s blog post on DC RUM 12.4, here.
“Delivering positive customer experiences is increasingly becoming the responsibility of IT operations teams, particularly with IT’s transition from managing infrastructure to delivering services,” said Shamus McGillicuddy, Senior Analyst at Enterprise Management Associates. “By addressing industry trends such as SDN and IT Operations Analytics, Dynatrace DC RUM helps provide organizations with visibility into how IT and network performance impacts user experience.”
Key capabilities and benefits in DC RUM 12.4 include:
- Application Dashboards: Summarize all application-specific KPIs on a single screen, leveraging modern tile-based visualizations. SAP, database, Citrix and web application dashboards are pre-configured and easily customized.
- Universal Decode: Facilitates rapid prototyping and delivery of transaction-oriented analysis modules – by customers, partners and consultants – to extend the value of DC RUM’s transaction insights into new protocol environments, using a new scripting interface.
- Enhanced Auto-discovery: Provides immediate insight into network traffic patterns for more applications, cloud services (such as Google, Office365 and SAP Lumina Cloud) and virtual networks, highlighting unexpected use and deviations from the norm that signal application and service provider issues—even security violations.
- IT Operations Analytics: Delivers fast and automated fault domain isolation through sophisticated analytics examining end-user response time, tier-level transaction performance, network metrics, baselines and trends. New APIs deliver both pre- and post-analyzed data to external ITOA and dashboarding solutions such as ElasticSearch/Logstash/Kibana and Splunk.
- Virtual Network Visibility: Facilitates performance analysis and troubleshooting in increasingly virtualized data center networks by reporting on the VLANs, tunnels and QoS classes used by applications.
- High-Speed Agentless Monitoring Device (AMD): Dynatrace offers an early access program for the new high-speed AMD, scaling transactional analysis capacity by more than 10x to better accommodate modern data center traffic volumes.
“DC RUM 12.4 demonstrates our commitment to meeting the changing needs of IT operations teams,” said Steve Tack, Senior Vice President of Product Management at Dynatrace. “As modern data center and application architecture complexity increases, infrastructure monitoring alone isn’t enough to understand service quality. The new iteration of DC RUM addresses the challenges of this changing landscape by supporting a seamless and effective transition to more service-oriented IT operations.”
The new release of DC RUM is available now to new and existing customers. For more information, click here.