RubyMine 4, the latest major release of the intelligent Ruby on Rails IDE from JetBrains, brings significant performance improvements, a brand new UI, improved CoffeeScript and SCSS/LESS editors, and many other novelties for coding with pleasure.
JetBrains, the creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing tools for software developers, have announced the availability of RubyMine 4.0, the most powerful Ruby and Rails development environment.
RubyMine is famous for its outstanding code analysis routines, which underlie all its productivity features such as smart code completion, code inspections and automatic refactorings. With developer efficiency as its first priority, the latest release brings significantly sped-up code indexing and analysis, leading in turn to enhanced responsiveness of all the major aspects of the IDE.
“As long as we’re talking about performance, there’s always room for improvement. Our team has made tweaks to speed up RubyMine in every release so far. This time, however, we took a more radical approach,” said Dennis Ushakov, RubyMine lead developer. “We completely redesigned the architecture-and it paid off across the board. For example, Inspect Code now runs up to four times faster. At the same time, I think you will also enjoy the many requested features we added in RubyMine 4, as well as its enhanced usability.”
Other key changes in RubyMine 4.0 include:
• New, streamlined UI for all supported platforms: Windows, Mac OS and Linux
• Dozens of new Ruby code inspections, Inline method and Unwrap refactorings, new search options and improved Structure and Hierarchy views
• Rails framework support up to version 3.2 and integration with Phusion Passenger as a server for running/debugging
• Code insight, formatting, compilation and launching via Node.js for CoffeeScript
• Formatting for SCSS/LESS languages
• Testing and debugging improvements with support for Minitest 2.10 and RSpec 2.8
• Git revisions graph and other VCS support enhancements
To learn more about JetBrains RubyMine and to download a free 30-day evaluation, please visit the official RubyMine website at http://www.jetbrains.com/ruby/?RM4PR.
Separate personal and commercial licenses are available for RubyMine, both affordably priced and both including free major and minor IDE updates within one year of the purchase date. To learn more please see http://www.jetbrains.com/ruby/buy/?RM4PR