Kofax plc (LSE: KFX), a leading provider of capture driven process automation solutions, today announced the release of Atalasoft DotImage 10, the latest version of its software development toolkit (SDK) for Microsoft .NET developers. DotImage 10 introduces several new capabilities that streamline the process of image enabling cloud based applications and reduce the associated costs and time of doing so for developers.
Atalasoft DotImage is a full featured document imaging toolkit for applications built using the .NET Framework for Microsoft Windows Forms, WPF, ASP.NET and Silverlight. DotImage 10 incorporates controls to add zero footprint web document viewing and annotation support, enabling users to author layered annotations, and view and manipulate TIFF and PDF documents in web browsers without the need to download additional add ons or plug ins.
“Building web based applications that leverage advanced document imaging can be time consuming and difficult,” said William Bither, Founder and General Manager at Atalasoft, a Kofax company. “DotImage’s new capabilities allow developers to build custom cloud based applications that can scan, view and process documents and images with significantly less effort and cost.”
DotImage 10’s new capabilities include:
• New HTML document viewer: Developers can create a full page, zero footprint document viewer with smooth, continuous scrolling for viewing documents in browsers on PCs and mobile devices, such as an iPad, without installing any client software. As such, minimal programming is needed to embed the viewer into any ASP.NET or ASP.NET MVC website, or deploy to Microsoft SharePoint®.
• Silverlight imaging SDK: A large subset of DotImage has been ported to run inside the Silverlight client and other managed environments, such as Windows Phone 7, Office 365 and Partial Trust environments.
• Improved web scanning: Browser based scanning has been significantly improved with the addition of ActiveX TWAIN capabilities and included in DotTwain and DotImage Document Imaging.
• Barcode reader SDK: In addition to Code 39, UPC, PDF417, QR Code, DataMatrix and the rest of DotImage’s 1D and 2D barcodes, DotImage now supports AustraliaPost, OneCode/Intelligent Mail, Planet and RM4SCC with a new managed code engine.
• OCR SDK: DotImage 10 now supports the IRIS IDRS engine, which can process 137 languages including Latin, Greek and Cyrillic with add ons offering Asian, Hebrew and Farsi languages. It also offers zonal and page analysis support, and the IRIS Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) engine supports spaced and even touching handprint for all Latin languages.
DotImage 10 is now available through Atalasoft’s network of system integrators and resellers or directly from Atalasoft.