RunRev Ltd today announced the release of LiveCode 4.5.3, with multiple new features focused on creating polished iOS applications, plus many enhancements and improvements across the whole range of platforms and devices supported by the LiveCode platform.
“This release demonstrates our commitment to delivering the fastest, most flexible platform for building iOS Apps, bringing many new features and enhancements” Kevin Miller, CEO of RunRev said today. “We’re delighted to be deliver these enhancements to our users so quickly”.
LiveCode 4.5.3 brings over a dozen new features, including:
• Multi-channel sound for iOS
• Looping video support for iOS
• Translucent native iOS browser controls
• iOS keyboard interaction improvements
• FTP upload on iOS
• Display the standard dirty document mark in the close box on Mac desktop apps
• Command-line installation and activation for multiuser installations
• Over 30 more features, enhancements and bug fixes
For full details please see
LiveCode Development Environment
In addition to LiveCode for iOS, the LiveCode development environment is a fully featured cross-platform solution that enables shared code across multiple platforms and devices. LiveCode delivers:
• Compile-free Coding: Developers can achieve project goals in a fraction of the time using a compile-free workflow, with the ability to make changes to the interface or code while the application is running;
• English-like Programming Language: The LiveCode programming language lets users write code that makes sense using expressive, memorable syntax;
• Cross Platform Development: Flexible delivery options allow developers to reuse the same code across multiple devices and platforms–iPhone/iPad, Web, desktop, and server–from a single code base.
LiveCode Pricing and Features
LiveCode pricing begins at $99 for a one-seat, personal use license, including LiveCode development for iPhone/iPad. Commercial iOS development packs begin at $499. Additional deployment and service packs are available based on project, platform, users or other requirements. LiveCode service packs are offered for specific development environments, professional and commercial requirements, and educators, including universities and K-12 classrooms.
In addition to LiveCode for iOS, deployment packs include Windows desktops, Mac OS X desktops, Linux desktops, and popular Web browsers on Windows, Mac and Linux including Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome and Firefox. LiveCode has pre-release deployment options available for server environments and additional mobile devices available for review.