MuleSoft, the company that makes it easy to connect applications, data and devices, today announced a new release of its flagship Anypoint Platform featuring the Anypoint Platform for Mobile, a major new solution for enterprise mobility. Businesses can now quickly design, build, manage and analyze APIs that connect mobile apps with Salesforce, ServiceNow, SAP, Siebel and many other popular enterprise platforms and services. Anypoint Platform enables them to share data with any audience, from any source, through apps that are highly available, scalable and secure.
Today, consumers demand seamless interactions with the companies they do business with, regardless of the channel, device or location. Mobile and data-driven initiatives represent a potential opportunity to create new sources of competitive advantage; however, IT professionals and businesses are challenged to integrate fragmented legacy, cloud and mobile endpoints to create that advantage, even as the volume and potential value driven by those connections continue to grow exponentially. Anypoint Platform provides a unified platform for connectivity that ensures security and adherence to best practice, while enabling rapid creation of new applications, including mobile, to meet new business demands.
According to Gartner, “Integration is an often-underestimated aspect of mobile application development projects. A notable portion of an overall mobile app project cost — as much as 70% in some cases — can be attributed to integrating the mobile app with established enterprise applications, services and data sources, whether on-premises or in the cloud.”
Making Bimodal Integration a Reality with API-led Connectivity
An API-led approach allows businesses to tackle new problems presented by mobility, connecting data between departments, on-premises systems and the cloud. APIs help unlock the data and assets by providing a layer of abstraction and control between the mission-critical legacy systems and the front-end being exposed to developers. Enterprises have to take a bimodal approach, simultaneously juggling quick adoption of new technology while keeping mission-critical services stable and reliable. With a single design-time and runtime from API design to data integration, MuleSoft provides a unified platform for enabling the API-led connectivity vision.
“Mobility is a top priority for businesses that want to become more agile, more competitive and better at customer engagement,” said Ken Yagen, vice president of products, MuleSoft. “But mobile integration is challenging. It forces IT departments to work at two speeds at once. They have to quickly evolve with mobile technology while keeping mission-critical services stable and reliable. MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform gives them a way to do that. It gives them an easy way to create APIs that deliver data and applications to any device in the enterprise without directly exposing their back-end systems. This API-led approach is the key to mobile transformation.”
New Anypoint Platform Release Highlights
With Anypoint Platform, business users and developers can connect and access data from external sources with point-and-click simplicity. IT teams can securely expose application and data endpoints through APIs, which can be used to support development of mobile and digital apps.
Integration is critical for any business that needs to build apps fast. The Anypoint Platform January 2015 release includes new capabilities for connecting the growing number of application and data endpoints:
Rapidly build mobile apps for maximum business agility
- Anypoint Exchange: Allows anyone to publish templates and patterns for common integration scenarios that can be reused by both business users and developers to accelerate application delivery
- Launched 14 new Anypoint Templates to support mobile app development: Helps developers rapidly implement the APIs needed to power mobile apps that leverage data from popular enterprise and SaaS apps, including Salesforce, ServiceNow, SAP and Siebel, as well as other enterprise data sources
- Accelerated mobile app development with .NET: Enables mobile developers to easily reference and consume APIs within Visual Studio, or generate ASP.NET Web API 2 compatible APIs from a RAML definition
Easily integrate application and data endpoints with API-led connectivity
- Enhanced connectivity to RESTful HTTP services: RAML powered connectivity to REST-based APIs with the ability to explore resources, methods and headers and transform JSON and XML data structures
- Frictionless API gateway deployment: Creates a secure connection to any back-end service or data source with a lightweight solution that runs on the cloud or on-premises behind a firewall
- Expanded solutions for Microsoft: Support for more Microsoft APIs, including Sharepoint and Dynamics, build pure-cloud or hybrid cloud messaging with connectivity to the Azure Service Bus APIs, and map between .NET objects and RAML APIs faster with the DataSense-enabled .NET Connector
Manage integrations with enhanced analytics
- Powerful analytics on demand through APIs: Ability to generate custom reports on API usage, including different application types and devices in JSON and CSV format, and easily expose the reports as RESTful APIs for both developers and business users to consume
- Operational visibility: Quickly meet management and monitoring requirements by managing integrations with MuleSoft’s runtime API, publish details to third-party systems like Nagios and Zabbix or plug into existing continuous integration processes and tools like Jenkins
- API analytics dashboards: Track key metrics, including top users, transactions by region, usage by tier and performance against SLAs, in a set of interactive, graphical API analytics dashboards and charts