Progress today announced the latest release of the intuitive, easy-to-use automated testing offering, Telerik Test Studio. As part of today’s release, Telerik, a Progress company, has added mobile test automation for native iOS and Android applications with Telerik Test Studio Mobile solution. The point-and-click functionality enables users to capture and replay complex mobile testing functionality quickly, reducing the time required for testing.
According to a recent study by Localytics, 19 percent of U.S. app users abandon an app after the first use.1 Often, abandonment is associated with difficulty of use, “bugginess” or poor app performance. Due to the rapid pace of change coupled with speed and performance requirements in the mobile market, development and operations teams are under immense pressure to adopt rapid application development and deployment practices that constantly iterate, to meet ever-changing expectations associated with mobile applications.
Testing early and often throughout the development process is crucial to ensure success in the highly competitive and complex world of mobile app development – particularly for agile teams. As a low code/no code offering, Telerik Test Studio Mobile solution enables true tester-developer collaboration for creating stable, polished, robust apps that perform reliably across iOS and Android variants.
Newly available features in Telerik Test Studio Mobile solution include:
- Record and Test Mobile Gestures: Users can record and test multiple gestures such as scroll, zoom, swipe and pinch, and more
- Update Automated Tests Quickly: Test elements are stored in an element repository for quick test maintenance
- Test Lists: Telerik Test Studio Mobile solution supports creating and executing test lists, enabling users to execute tests across multiple devices simultaneously
- USB Execution iOS and Android: Telerik Test Studio Mobile solution enables users to connect iOS and Android devices directly, over a USB as well as WiFi connection
- Support for Continuous Integration with Windows, MAC and Linux: Telerik has and will continue to stay at the forefront of development as new updates are released
“Telerik Test Studio solution has always fostered team collaboration, so testers can create and execute tests that can be passed to developers to assist with more complex, edge-case scenarios. With Telerik Test Studio Mobile solution, we are introducing the same great innovation we’ve always been known for into mobile testing,” said Brandon Satrom, General Manager for Developer Platforms and Tools, Progress. “With today’s release, testers and developers have a unique and seamless solution for comprehensive testing across devices, enabling increased agility, accelerated time-to-market and reduced testing costs. The end result: mobile apps deployed with confidence.”
For more information or to download a Telerik Test Studio trial, please visit http://www.telerik.com/teststudio.