Qualcomm Incorporated today announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Atheros, Inc., is expanding its Internet of Everything (IoE) platform with the addition of six new ecosystem providers whose distinct client software for cloud services are now integrated with the QCA4002 Wi-Fi solution and its accompanying development platform. The addition of these providers further simplifies the development of devices that use Wi-Fi to connect to the IoE by increasing cloud service flexibility and making these solutions available in a broader global reach.
“We keenly understand the importance of diverse ecosystem solutions for cloud-based services in the expanding IoE businesses and segments,” said Joseph Bousaba, senior director, product management, Qualcomm Atheros, Inc. “By integrating these key providers’ software directly into our connectivity solutions, we’re enabling customers to quickly deploy solutions with the most suitable cloud provider for their industry segment.”
The new providers join 2lemetry (an Amazon company), who was previously announced as a cloud ecosystem provider integrated with the QCA4002. 2lemetry provides cloud connect services through its platform, ThingFabric. This includes support for secure socket layer (SSL) connections to provide secure communication between device and cloud. The new providers include (in alphabetical order):
- Ayla Networks provides an enterprise scale IoE platform, accelerating development, support and ongoing enhancements of connected products for IoE.
- Exosite, with offices in the Americas, APAC, and EMEA, enables the world’s leading durable goods manufacturers in consumer, commercial, and industrial segments to quickly build and deploy solutions that capture the IoE generation of their business. Exosite provides an enterprise-grade, analytics-driven IoE software platform that allows OEMs to create economic leverage while eliminating the risk and burden of custom infrastructure.
- Kii, a global company, with offices in Japan, Silicon Valley, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing and Valencia, is an end-to-end mobile and IoT platform provider, which empowers device manufacturers and mobile application developers with the capabilities to deliver full-fledged scalable IoE solutions.
- Proximetry delivers software solutions that enable the management of performance-critical, connected devices in the IoE.
- Temboo is a cloud-based code generation platform with more than 2000 processes for application programming interfaces and databases.
- Xively by LogMeIn is an enterprise IoT platform and application solution for enterprises building connected products.
Each of these providers has committed to supporting Qualcomm Atheros’ Wi-Fi-based intelligent connectivity platform and offers a value-added solution or service including:
- Embedded client integration, secure communication
- Back-end analytics
- User interface, mobile and cloud applications