Red Hat, Inc., the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the general availability of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6. JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 features a new cloud-ready architecture, new and improved management capabilities and upgraded and significantly enhanced usability, helping enterprises and their developers decrease time-to-market for application delivery and reduce operational costs.
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 provides developers and enterprises with a high-performance, low-footprint, easy-to-manage solution designed to help enterprises build applications and ease into the cloud. JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 offers greater agility than previous versions of the solution, allowing customers to move their application development and deployment to the cloud without the need to re-skill or diverge from open industry standards. JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 is the run-time engine that drives Java workloads in Red Hat OpenShift, Red Hat’s Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offering.
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 offers several features for organizations and developers looking to leverage the cloud for application development:
• Built for the cloud – JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 has an updated architecture that can be easily deployed in on-premise, private and public clouds. This provides developers and enterprises with confidence that applications developed today will be able to evolve along with their architectural requirements.
• Pluggable, lightweight and modern – JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 is based upon a modular set of services that are dynamically allocated based upon the needs of the deployed applications. This provides application isolation and helps prevent issues with classes and dependencies commonly associated with older application server architectures.
• Flexible manageability – JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 offers developers the ability to programmatically manage applications and automate application deployment processes whether used standalone or integrated with their own management tools, including private clouds. This lets IT groups focus on building new capabilities instead of investing resources in supporting existing applications.
• Optimized for multi-core and virtualized systems – JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 is optimized for multi-core and virtualized environments, resulting in a low-memory footprint and faster start-up times. The solution also offers enhanced resource utilization and port management, which simplifies the effort behind deploying JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 into virtualized environments.
• Upgraded middleware components – JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 provides increased integration with other development tooling, including Maven, Hudson and JBoss Community projects such as Arquillian and Hibernate.
• Support for Java EE 6 and other popular frameworks and tools – In addition to Java EE 6 support, JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 also supports a wide range of Java Virtual Machine (JVM)-based frameworks, including Spring, Struts and Google Web Toolkit, as well as a variety of open source development tools.
In addition, Red Hat is also introducing a number of services capabilities to help accelerate customer adoption of the new technologies. This includes the availability of new JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6-specific courses and JBoss Certified Application Administrator Certification, as well as strategic training and service offerings to help guide customers migrating to the solution.
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 is available for download now.