SOASTA, the leader in cloud and mobile testing, today announced complete native app support with mPulse, itsaward-winning Real User Monitoring (RUM) solution, which now delivers the first and only multi-dimensional views of actual user behavior whether on mobile web, web or native mobile applications. Using the same advanced touch-tracking technology as SOASTA’s TouchTest, mPulse records precise mobile user gestures and actions to monitor native Apple iOS and Google Android mobile applications. Best of all, native app monitoring is delivered instantly, without long delays waiting for app store approval or re-certification.
“Mobility drives web and mobile commerce, and when customers wait, business suffers,” said Tom Lounibos, SOASTA CEO and co-founder. “SOASTA’s mPulse provides every byte of Real User performance data for web and mobile apps, not just a sample of data like other solutions, and now with the ability to quickly monitor native mobile apps and target alerts with the right information for the right person, our customers are provided real time power to make instant decisions about what is impacting their business.”
mPulse custom dashboards instantly deliver targeted real user data
SOASTA has extended its proven RUM platform to empower mPulse with exclusive capabilities to make native app monitoring easier:
• TouchMetrics allow correlated and targeted reporting and alerting on real users’ mobile app usage customized to what matters to individual businesses
• TouchTimers enable setting measurements and thresholds on precise user gestures and actions in native and Mobile Web apps using real devices
• Visually track mobile user access by mobile operating system, location and user experience
Regarding Mobile Analytics, Gartner Recommends:
• “Use input from business stakeholders to establish benchmark metrics that align with business goals to measure the success of mobile app deployments.
• Employ operational and performance analytics for all mobile apps to create a feedback loop that ensures constant iterating of the apps.
• Apply mobile in-app-usage analytics to capture detailed mobile behaviors and patterns to drive enhancements.
Determine the optimal mix of analytics tools based upon the type and number of end users in order to maximize ROI without negatively impacting app performance.“ 1
Know ALL of your Real Users – Mobile, Web and Native
Other monitoring products provide fixed views using data collected after the fact, failing to capture relevant information about actual users experiences. SOASTA’s mPulse delivers live, real-time user experience analytics with vivid, interactive dashboards. And now, enhanced role-based, contextual alerting and scorecards are sent via email and SMS text messages to app development, ecommerce, and executive leadership teams. Each team receives only the data and analytics relevant to its specific requirements, while visual monitor configuration eliminates writing code so choosing what to monitor is quick, easy and intuitive. Contextual data is delivered to the right team at the right time with fully customizable views based on what matters to them:
• Application Development teams are provided constant and complete visibility to application performance and efficiency from the perspective of actual mobile and web users
• VP’s of eCommerce are informed with live, interactive data about where their sites and mobile apps are making money and where improvements can be made to performance and reliability
• Lines of Business (Marketing/Sales) can measure market effectiveness, customer conversion optimization and adjust pages based on optimal revenue capture
• Executive Leadership is provided vivid, intuitive insight at all times about site uptime, user satisfaction, app performance and revenue optimization
Verify 3rd Party SLA’s
With mPulse, monitoring what matters is made possible via SOASTA’s big data analytics. By providing a single information source that collects every byte of real user data to isolate the cause of slow pages and service outages, companies can closely track the performance of 3rd party services like ad networks, Content Delivery Networks (CDN’s), social media and other components that impact user satisfaction but are outside their direct control. The enhanced alerting and mobile support now make managing the Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) of these partner companies precise and conclusive with granular, complete data that can be organized and delivered in Custom SLA Views.
Benchmark your Competition
As a bonus, brand new competitive benchmarking delivered by mPulse partner SpeedCurve, offers a granular breakdown of competitor page performance, demonstrating to developers exactly how they can optimize their own apps to deliver the best user experience. SOASTA mPulse users will be provided unique daily insight to their top competitors and where to best optimize to stay ahead.