SOASTA, the leader in cloud and mobile testing, today released CloudTest Mobile, the first and only testing platform to deliver complete performance and functional test automation of mobile apps across real, distributed mobile devices. The CloudTest Mobile platform provides precise capture and playback of all continuous touch gestures including pan, pinch, zoom and scroll on iPhones, iPads, and iPods. See the CloudTest Mobile demonstration here.
Today, mobile developers can easily automate the testing of their mobile apps on iOS 6. CloudTest’s unique approach of residing inside the app allows developers to precisely test their apps when new mobile operating systems are released.
“Starting today, developers are working on iOS 6 versions of their Apps and automated functional testing is a real problem for these developers,” stated Tal Broda, VP, Engineering, at SOASTA. “Today, CloudTest provides full support for capture and playback of any App running on iOS 6 including any gesture or any UI element.”
SOASTA also announced today support for Appcelerator Titanium 2.0 platform, which gives Appcelerator’s 300,000 mobile developers seamless access to CloudTest Mobile’s test automation capabilities. See release here.
“The explosion of web and mobile applications along with the proliferation of mobile devices, makes manual testing obsolete. With today’s rapid development cycles, time to market requirements and technology changes, developers require a new set of automation solutions to support multi-touch gestures and 3D gaming,” comments Tom Lounibos, CEO SOASTA. “Now, with CloudTest Mobile, developers can quickly develop, test and deliver their mobile applications with the quality their users expect. Our support for Titanium 2.0 will make this especially seamless for Appcelerator’s mobile developer community.”
CloudTest Mobile delivers affordable, accurate, and complete mobile app testing using real mobile devices. Traditional testing solutions have employed device emulators and optical recognition approaches that are not precise or reliable enough to test this generation of mobile apps. CloudTest Mobile captures the start and end points of each gesture, the journey between, and the speed with which the gesture is performed. It uniquely conducts testing from within the mobile app, replacing brittle optical recognition approaches and enabling validations based on variable values and internal app state changes. Distributed mobile devices are accessed over the air, eliminating the need for tethering or “jail breaking” and allowing mobile devices – anywhere – to be used in a test.
CloudTest Mobile Delivers:
Precise and realistic functional testing
• Test at the object level from inside the app for stable, robust tests
• Precision capture and playback of any Apple or Android app
• Support every gesture, every UI element
• Run tests on your real devices in your lab or in the wild
Fast Mobile Testing
• Runs on the proven CloudTest web platform
• Build fast with pre-built validations, waits, outputs & image-based checks
• Create simple to complex tests visually using conditionals, repeats and nested clips
• Plug into Continuous Integration systems for 100% hands-free operation
Real world testing for the real user experience
• Use your own mobile devices and add as needed
• Fully untethered, portable and testable over Wi-Fi or carrier networks
• Never jail broken or subject to OS or device upgrades to delay your testing