WANdisco, a provider of high-availability software for global enterprises to meet the challenges of Big Data and distributed software development, announced the next release of SVN MultiSite Plus, the company’s performance, scalability and continuous availability solution for large enterprises using Subversion.
SVN MultiSite Plus, announced earlier this year, incorporates the latest enhancements to WANdisco’s patented replication technology and delivers major availability, performance, flexibility and scalability improvements over standard SVN MultiSite. SVN MultiSite Plus also allows administrators to manage the entire implementation from one location and add and remove Subversion repositories and servers on the fly without any downtime.
One of the key new features included with SVN MultiSite Plus 1.1 is enhanced notification. With enhanced notification, when a server or network outage occurs, or a server’s disk or memory usage approaches capacity, automatic administrator alerts are generated. This simplifies management during the failover and recovery process and enables administrators to address server capacity issues before bottlenecks occur.
Other key features of SVN MultiSite Plus 1.1 include:
• Enhancements to Dynamic Group Evolution – administrators can now adjust as well as add and remove repositories and servers on the fly without any downtime, eliminating the need for scheduled maintenance and lost development time.
• An enhanced transaction dashboard dramatically simplifies oversight and management of the entire global deployment from a single location.
• Support for the long-awaited Subversion 1.8 release, which provides automatic merges and rejects attempts to merge between unrelated branches.
• Support for additional platforms including:
◦ SUSE 11
◦ Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
◦ CentOS 5, CentOS 6
◦ Debian 6, Debian 7
“Capabilities like those provided by SVN MultiSite Plus are crucial to global organizations that value their source code, require 100% uptime and are striving to be more agile,” said David Richards, WANdisco CEO. “With this new release, we’re adding significant manageability and performance improvements to further simplify the complexity faced by these development organizations.”
SVN MultiSite Plus 1.1 is available now.