SAN FRANCISCO — Splunk Inc., provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, today announced the general availability (GA) of Splunk Enterprise 6.2, the latest version of the award-winning platform for machine data, and version 6.2 of Hunk: Splunk Analytics for Hadoop and NoSQL Data Stores. Splunk Enterprise 6.2 delivers simplified analysis and powerful pattern detection that enables more users across IT and the business to discover relationships in their data and build advanced analytics. Hunk is now also available directly from the Amazon Elastic MapReduce (Amazon EMR) console and priced on an hourly basis.
Download Splunk Enterprise or try it as a cloud service through a Free Online Sandbox. Download Hunk or get started with Hunk through the Amazon EMR console.
“The latest versions of Splunk Enterprise and Hunk significantly advance the capability to deliver powerful analytics to a broad range of new users,” said Guido Schroeder, senior vice president of products, Splunk. “Splunk Enterprise 6.2 also reduces total cost of ownership through improved scalability; and Hunk 6.2 on AWS EMR drastically decreases time to value for anyone looking to gain value out of data they have been storing in Hadoop.”
Splunk Enterprise 6.2 puts powerful analytics in the hands of even more users. New features in Splunk Enterprise 6.2 include:
- Easier Data Onboarding: New intuitive wizard makes it easier to onboard any machine data. New interface guides users through previewing, onboarding and preparation of machine data for downstream analysis.
- Instant Pivot: Pivot directly on any machine data, enabling powerful analysis and rapid creation of dashboards without advanced knowledge of Splunk Search Processing Language.
- Enhanced Event Pattern Detection: Speeds analysis by automatically grouping similar events to discover meaningful patterns in the underlying machine data.
- Search Head Clustering: Reduce total cost of ownership by increasing concurrent user capacity and eliminating shared storage requirements.
Hunk 6.2 extends the power of exploratory analytics and enables all professionals to easily unlock the business value of data in Hadoop and NoSQL data stores. New features in Hunk 6.2 include:
- Amazon EMR Console 1-Click Purchase: For the first time ever, leverage automatically configured Hunk instances provisioned by AWS, priced hourly, for data in Amazon EMR.
- Hunk Sandbox: Rapidly learn Hunk interactive search and analytics in a single download that runs on the leading operating systems, without having to set up a Hadoop cluster.
- Hunk Apps: Search, analyze and visualize data in NoSQL and other data stores through prepackaged connections, including the Hunk App for MongoDB and Sqrrl App for Hunk (Apache Accumulo). Gain insight into the health of your AWS Elastic Load Balancing services with the Hunk App for AWS Elastic Load Balancing.
For customers of AWS GovCloud (US), or for customers who would like to use Hunk with long-running clusters, contact Splunk to purchase annual-term Hunk licenses.