C Spire Wireless, the only U.S provider that makes wireless conveniently personal, introduced the highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S 4 smartphone today on its fast, reliable 4G LTE network powered by optical fiber infrastructure.
“This phone features a unique suite of easy to use innovations that promise to change how consumers interact with their primary communications device,” said Kevin Hankins, COO for C Spire Wireless. “We’re excited to introduce it on our fast, reliable network, which is powered by our advanced optical fiber-based infrastructure.”
The sleek and slim smartphone weighs 4.6 ounces, is 7.9 millimeters thin and comes with a 5-inch full HD 1080p Super AMOLED display. The device features Android’s 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) mobile operating system and runs on a 1.9 GHz quad core CPU with 2GB of internal RAM. Available in two color models, Black Mist and White Frost, the phone is powered by a removable 2,600 mAh battery.
The touchscreen device features a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera and a front-facing 2-megapixel camera with LED flash, autofocus and 1080p HD video recording in both dual shot and recording mode for stunning photos and video using new photo features like Dual Shot, which allows the use of both cameras simultaneously so users can include themselves in pictures and videos.
The Galaxy S 4 also includes several other innovative features and applications, including:
• Drama Shot: Use this camera mode to capture a progressive event, like a baby’s first steps or a basketball player’s slam dunk, in one frame.
• Eraser Shot: Remove unwanted objects or people from an otherwise perfect picture.
• Smart Pause: Pause a video by looking away from the screen.
• WatchON: Simplifies searching and recommends TV, movies and sports according to personal tastes. With WatchOn and the built in IR blaster, the Galaxy S 4 also functions as a remote control for home theater equipment.
• Air Gesture: Answer a call or skip to the next song by waving your hand in front of the screen. Useful when your hands are otherwise occupied.
• Air View: Preview emails, photos in gallery, or even the stories in Flipboard by hovering your finger over the screen.
• Group Play: Connects up to 8 phones wirelessly to play games, share favorite tunes, photos and documents with no Wi-Fi required.
• Safe (Samsung for Enterprise): Allows users to work without worry on their office network or wherever they happen to be working.
Hankins said the Galaxy S 4 comes with a suite of built-in C Spire apps that help deliver on the company’s promise of a making wireless conveniently personal, including:
• Vū, the world’s first comprehensive online content personalization tool that delivers content users need and want
• WiFi On, an Android app that gives consumers access to the largest Wi-Fi network in the world, ensuring the highest quality and fastest connections for customers across all Wi-Fi networks
Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy S 4 is available online at www.cspire.com, in all C Spire retail stores and through the company’s telesales group at 1.855.277.4734 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement that includes data services.