AvePoint, the established leader in enterprise-class big data management, governance, and compliance software solutions for next-generation social collaboration platforms, has announced the general availability of AvePoint Compliance Guardian Service Pack (SP) 2. Compliance Guardian enables organizations to establish an effective compliance and risk management process to ensure that information is available and accessible to the people who should have it and protected from the people who should not. As a full governance, risk and compliance platform, Compliance Guardian mitigates privacy, security and compliance risks across your information gateways with a comprehensive risk management process allowing organizations to document their policies, implement and measure them, and demonstrate conformance.
The latest release adds support for cloud and social platforms, improved incident tracking and management, and additional comprehensive actions such as encryption and redaction in order to help organizations proactively protect IT environments from harmful information leaks or misuse while simultaneously ensuring that all activities and information residing in those environments are compliant, accessible, and manageable. New features include:
Support for cloud and social platforms – All Compliance Guardian features are now extended beyond file shares, web systems, and SharePoint to cloud and social information gateways including Office 365, SharePoint 2013 Social, and Yammer in order to provide an even more comprehensive risk management system for all enterprise data in motion or at rest.
Improved incident tracking and management – The newest release further enhances organizations’ ability to track responses to, and remediation of, incidents or violations over time. Compliance staffs are able to centrally monitor the status associated with any incident, as well as its associated risk levels to ensure critical violations are prioritized according to business need. Combined with incident trend reports and detailed historical analysis, organizations will be able to track and manage incidents more efficiently to drive a successful risk management lifecycle.
Encryption and redaction – In order to provide control with all aspects of compliance and risk management, Compliance Guardian SP 2 adds encryption and redaction to its list of comprehensive actions the product can automatically take on risk-defined content. Previous actions include secure, delete, move, block, and quarantine.
Compliance Guardian is designed to ensure that information is available and accessible to the people who should have it and protected from the people who should not by taking a comprehensive lifecycle approach.
• Discover data across multiple information gateways in your enterprise to shed light on dark data and other potential sources of risk
• Scan content in motion or at rest against out-of-the-box or customized checks for a wide range of privacy, information assurance, operational security, sensitive security information, and accessibility requirements
• Drive enterprise classification and taxonomy with user-assisted and automated classification
• Take corrective action automatically to secure, delete, move, quarantine, encrypt, or redact risk defined content
• Enhance incident tracking and management with an integrated incident management system in addition to trend reports and historical analysis to measure your organization’s compliance improvements over time
• Monitor data and systems on an ongoing basis to demonstrate and report on conformance across your enterprise wide information gateways and systems with one system that works where you work
“Best practices for security have focused on building walls around the organizations’ IT systems to keep intruders out and information in. However, the challenge with this approach is that as you build a ten foot wall, your opponent brings an eleven foot ladder – so you are always in a defensive mode,” said George Wang, Chief Architect, AvePoint. “While that type of security is important, it is only one strategy in an approach that must be layered. Organizations must also look at data as it is managed throughout their information gateways. This version of Compliance Guardian provides one system that enables enterprises to ‘Say what they are going to do to achieve compliance, do it, and prove it’ – internally, for auditors, regulators, or as part of compliance best practices.”
AvePoint Compliance Guardian is generally available today.