TITUS, a leading provider of information security and data governance software, today announced that the latest version of the TITUS SharePoint Security Suite is fully compatible with Microsoft SharePoint 2013.
“SharePoint has become an increasingly critical platform for enterprise collaboration, content management and records keeping,” said Antonio Maio, Senior Product Manager at TITUS and Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP. “With Microsoft’s latest release, SharePoint 2013 has greatly increased our ability to share content throughout the entire organization much more easily, from the chief executives right down to the information workers. However administrators and content owners are faced with ever increasing challenges to protect sensitive content that is housed in SharePoint in order to prevent data breaches and compliance issues. That is where our TITUS SharePoint security products come in.”
TITUS Security Suite for SharePoint enhances SharePoint security by automatically enforcing fine-grained access control policies and applying visual labels – promoting strong, consistent data governance for SharePoint content. TITUS products leverage existing document metadata combined with trusted user claims to ensure that security is applied automatically and consistently across all SharePoint content.
TITUS Security Suite for SharePoint is made up of two products that can be purchased individually or together:
• TITUS Metadata Security automatically controls access to sensitive content, allowing organizations to ensure that the right people are accessing the right information.
• TITUS Document Policy Manager automatically applies visual security labels and converts documents to PDF to enhance security and raise awareness when users are accessing sensitive content.
Both products are now fully supported on Microsoft SharePoint 2013, both Server and Foundation.
TITUS Security Suite for SharePoint is focused on making SharePoint a more secure platform for organizations. The products simplify SharePoint security for administrators and add new critical security features to the native SharePoint security model. The latest version includes a number of new and enhanced features, including:
• Dynamic policies: Goes beyond basic SharePoint permissions to provide an access control method that evaluates and enforces policies dynamically, as the user navigates SharePoint. Dynamic policies enable a true “deny” capability that can block users from accessing sensitive content even if they are part of a group that has access.
• Centralized policy administration: Provides powerful administration options integrated into SharePoint for applying policies across site collections, sites, libraries, or folders. Policy administration can also be delegated to content owners or site owners.
• Auditing and logging: Enables effective data governance through integration with standard SharePoint auditing and diagnostic logging capabilities.
• Visual marking enhancements: Raises end user awareness by adding visual markings (headers, footers, watermarks) to documents protected by IRM/Microsoft AD RMS, and promotes user accountability by adding usernames and timestamps to downloaded PDFs and Office documents.
• SharePoint Security Suite Software Development Kit: Provides a method to integrate TITUS security policies into existing applications and easily protect large numbers of libraries.
In addition to Microsoft SharePoint 2013, TITUS Security Suite for SharePoint is also compatible with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 (Server and Foundation) and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.