Microsoft VP Scott Guthrie today announced in his blog the release of Azure SDK 2.2, the first to support Visual Studio 2013.
Here is a short summary of the feature highlights for developers:
• Visual Studio 2013 support
• Integrated Windows Azure sign-in support within Visual Studio
• Remote debugging cloud services with Visual Studio
• Firewall management support within Visual Studio for SQL databases
• Visual Studio 2013 RTM VM images for MSDN subscribers
• Windows Azure management libraries for .NET
• Updated Windows Azure PowerShell Cmdlets and Script Center
According to Microsoft, the Windows Azure SDK 2.2 extends Visual Studio 2013 to enable an end-to-end experience for developers to target Windows Azure, including creating, configuring, debugging, deploying and diagnosing cloud services.