HP last week launched the HP Vertica Marketplace, an online destination for developers, HP Vertica users and technology partners to create and sell innovative big data analytics solutions built for the HP Vertica Analytics Platform.
The HP Vertica Marketplace provides a hub for developers, partners and customers to create and share extensions, enhancements and solutions that integrate with, and enhance the value of, the HP Vertica Analytics Platform. These add-ons and solutions include connectors and third-party extensions, business intelligence tools, Extract Transform and Load (ETL) and data transformation products, connectors and tools for HP HAVEn Big Data analytics platform, as well as industry and other original equipment manufacturer (OEM) solutions.
In addition, the HP Vertica Marketplace includes the latest solutions from HP Vertica’s innovations incubation program, allowing users to create cutting-edge big data applications.
“Our rapidly growing community of customers, partners and developers are building vertical and horizontal solutions on, and creating new add-on capabilities to, Vertica every day,” said Colin Mahony, vice president and general manager, Vertica, HP. “The HP Marketplace provides a place where our community can share and market their capabilities to help other organizations and developers fuel further innovation.”
With the HP Vertica Marketplace, developers and companies can:
• Gain value from 100 percent of information—spanning structured, semistructured and unstructured data—through connectors and extensions that store, manage and analyze big data. This includes integration with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and HP HAVEn Big Data analytics platform, including the HP Autonomy IDOL platform.
• Get business insights from big data with flexible plug-ins and extensions to integrate and visualize users’ data, including business intelligence (BI) and data visualization tools and products.
• Capitalize on shared intelligence by engaging developers in both the HP Vertica Marketplace and Community via a social interface that allows users to pose questions, interact with subject matter experts and review previous discussions, as all questions are cataloged and searchable.
HP Vertica incubation program
HP Vertica Marketplace members also will gain access to the latest innovations from HP Vertica through its incubation program. These new technologies and solutions will be available for developers to evaluate and provide feedback, helping guide future development.
New innovations include:
• HP Vertica Distributed R, which helps data scientists overcome the scalability and performance limitations of R programming language and tackle problems not previously solvable by accelerating the analysis of large data sets by running R computations on multiple nodes.
• HP Vertica Pulse, which helps organizations leverage an in-database sentiment analysis tool that scores short data posts, including social data, such as Twitter feeds or product reviews, to gauge the most popular topics of interest, analyze how sentiment changes over time and identify advocates and detractors.
• HP Vertica Place, which stores and analyzes geospatial data in real time, including locations, networks and regions. This analytics pack provides Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards–based functionality and integrates with third-party applications.
The HP Vertica Analytics Platform is a key component of the HP HAVEn Big Data analytics platform, which enables HP customers and partners to create next-generation applications and solutions that accelerate the monetization of big data. HP HAVEn combines proven technologies including HP Autonomy IDOL, HP Vertica Analytics Platform, HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager and HP ArcSight Logger, as well as key industry offerings such as Hadoop.
HP’s premier America’s client event, HP Discover, takes place June 10-12 in Las Vegas.