RAMP, the industry’s leading provider of next generation video and search experiences for enterprises, today announced its RAMP for Microsoft SharePoint Online is now generally available in the Office and SharePoint Store. As a SharePoint App, RAMP for SharePoint Online extends the capabilities of a SharePoint environment to deliver a secure, integrated system for uploading, processing, storing, managing, and delivering on-demand enterprise video within SharePoint for Office 365.
“Video is the new document, and companies want to incorporate this rapidly growing file type into their Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint experiences,” said Nate Treloar, VP and GM of Enterprise, RAMP. “As a SharePoint App, RAMP for SharePoint Online gives companies a fast, easy way to incorporate secure video management, hosting, and streaming into their SharePoint environment. Now users can upload, find, view and share videos in the same ways they do text-based content, while leveraging from video’s inherent benefits around information delivery, engagement, and social sharing.”
“Apps for Office help companies get more from their use of Office and SharePoint, and we’re delighted that RAMP’s video management offering is now available in the Office Store,” said Dene Cleaver Sr. Product Manager – Office Store, Microsoft. “This is a good example of an app that helps customers accommodate for the rise of video in the enterprise.”
Key features of RAMP for SharePoint Online include:
• Secure cloud-based video management, including secure hosting & streaming
• Easy installation and configuration using SharePoint’s App Model
• Native video upload and management within SharePoint
• Integrated transcoding with adaptive bit-rate streaming for video delivery to desktop, tablet, smartphone, and connected devices
• Automated transcription via a patented speech-to-text engine that creates a time-coded transcription of video and audio content
• SharePoint-powered blended or “universal” (video + documents) search results
• Corporate directory integration for end-user authentication
• In-video keyword search
• Time-coded (contextual) keyword highlighting
RAMP for SharePoint Online is available from Microsoft’s Office Store. A free trial is available for companies who would like to test the solution within their environment – interested parties may sign up at www.ramp.com/sharepoint-trial.