The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) has announced Apache CouchDB 1.6 is now available for download.
“CouchDB comes with a suite of features, such as on-the-fly document transformation and real-time change notifications, that makes Web app development a breeze,” the ASF wrote on the CouchDB website. “We care a lot about distributed scaling. CouchDB is highly available and partition-tolerant, but is also eventually consistent. And we care a lot about your data. CouchDB has a fault-tolerant storage engine that puts the safety of your data first.”
Features in the 1.6 release include:
• Support for Erlang/OTP 17.0
• Improved user interface
• Added support for attachments and att_encoding_info options to the view API
• Added support for SOCKS5 proxies for replication
• Ability to perform replications without having to write access to the source database
• Configurable replication checkpoint interval
• Added max_count option
• Increased socket buffer size to enhance replication speed for large attachments and documents
• Improved performance of multipart/related requests
• Fixed CORS exposed headers
More information is available here.