MetaVis Technologies, Inc. today announced a solution for migrating Google Apps to SharePoint or Office 365. MetaVis Migrator for Google Apps allows customers to migrate Google content to either a hosted or on-premise-based SharePoint solution while preserving valuable metadata required for compliance and governance policies.
“The cloud is quickly becoming the content platform for business and companies need an effective way to move information into or out of one Cloud platform to another,” said Steve Pogrebivsky, CEO and Co-founder of MetaVis Technologies. “MetaVis Migrator for Google provides an easy way for companies to move information between Google and Office 365 SharePoint. Unlike other solutions, our MetaVis migration products are agentless making them ideally suited for migrating to and from cloud environments.”
MetaVis Migrator for Google Apps migrates all content including metadata tags such as version history and ownership to Office 365 or SharePoint. Users can classify and organize Google content as they migrate. IT administrators can quickly map Google Document properties such as description, published, created and modified dates, etc to SharePoint fields. This allows companies to retain critical information required for compliance and e-discovery policies.
MetaVis Migrator for Google App features include:
• Migrate Google documents, collections, version histories, comments, and metadata to SharePoint and Office 365
• Convert native Google documents (documents, presentations, tables) from the Google format to the Google format to Microsoft Office equivalent, txt, pdf, CSV, etc. and upload to SharePoint
• Preserve document created and modified dates
• Map users and permissions when copying content from Google Documents to SharePoint
• Filter and map file owner attribute
With the MetaVis Migrator product line up, customers can migrate content from multiple sources including SharePoint 2010, 2007, 2003, file shares, Exchange Public Folders, Outlook Folders and now Google. Download a free trial of MetaVis Migrator for Google Apps today.