He named the project Yoda because it can perform various tasks directly from the command line. In other terms, the tool can be revered to as a Jedi Master like the character Yoda in the Star Wars film series. However, it did not start as a personal assistant as GitHub contributors helped with the development of the project.
“It started out as an experiment by me to learn to make a command line interface, but then I moved to making a personal assistant that would be accessible directly from the terminal,” Singh Randhawa said in an interview with SD Times. “I had many ideas that I wanted to implement and there were many people on Github who contributed to the project and made it better.”
The project includes the following features:
- Chatbot: A computer program that conducts a conversation via auditory or textual methods
- Money manager: To help keep track of where, when, and how of your money
- Dev tools: To provide web developers access into the internals of the browser and their web application
- Journal: To assists in the aid of computer system development
- To do manage: To help users stay organized by creating todo lists and managing them online from anywhere
- Vocabulary enhance: A free word learning and testing tool that monitors and increases your vocabulary
The project also features flashcards, dictionary, reading, and an ideas list.
Top 5 projects trending this week on GitHub:
- UnityCsReference: Unity 2018.1.0b12 C# reference source code
- QR-FileTransfer: Allows you to transfer files over WiFi to a computer from a mobile device with the use of a QR code.
- Interview Notebook: Master your technical interviews with this basic knowledge.
- Proxyee-down: An HTTP download tool.
- Find3: High-precision indoor positioning framework