WaveMaker is the latest to provide a zero-coding solution. The company has announced a no-coding solution as part of its Rapid App Development (RAD) platform. The company said the move comes as the market faces pressure to keep up with the demand for mobile from users. According to Gartner, the demand for mobile app development services will grow at least 5x faster than internal IT organizations’ capacity to deliver them.
The new hybrid mobile app development feature aims to help enterprises leverage their non-programming staff, and to save time and money while speeding up the mobilization of existing apps.
“From what we’ve seen so far, we expect companies will be able to save up to 80% of the time and effort they now spend building enterprise apps with modern UIs, particularly for mobile platforms,” said Deepak Anupalli, vice president of engineering at WaveMaker. “WaveMaker uses Web technologies to provide a complete solution for rapid visual development of apps for smartphones.”
• Mobile-ready widgets that enable touch gestures like swipe, tap and pinch
• Support for various screen resolutions and multiple pixel density needed for good UI on smartphones
• Mobile widgets that can access device capabilities such as camera, geolocation, network, and local file storage without the need to write code
• Single-click build cross-platform installer that abstracts out the complexity in understanding build systems and the various tools/SDKs provided by Android, IOS, etc.
• Mobile-ready page templates that provide a starting point for most common UI capabilities, reducing the need for UI designers for every app project