ActiveReports Server Business Users Can Use Multi-Level Filtering Prompts for their Web-Based Ad Hoc Reports
April 24, 2012 —
GrapeCity today announced that ActiveReports Server, a 100% Web-based ad hoc reporting solution for business users, now supports the use of cascading parameter prompts, along with visual formulas, page headers, and page footers in reports.
Business users can now configure the available values for a filter prompt based on the value selected in another prompt during report execution. They use the same intuitive drag and drop user interface to create these multi-level parameters to work dynamically when the report is generated.
Companies who use ActiveReports Server as their embedded self-service reporting solution can now link users directly to the report designer view with a pre-configured data model, allowing users to get started more quickly with fewer steps.
ActiveReports Server already supports multi-tenant reporting for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) deployments. It also supports Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) to grant single sign-on access to business users of the Microsoft Windows Active Directory and other LDAP-compatible directories.
The latest ActiveReports Server release includes all 1.x features, such as:
• Cascading parameter prompts to allow dynamic, multi-level report filtering during report execution.
• Faster access to start designing reports with direct links to open the report designer with data already in place.
• Page header and footer sections to display static labels or report information on all pages of a report.
• Quick buttons to insert report information such as page numbers, report name, date, and parameter values.
• Interactive drill down within grouped data and drill through from one report to another.
• Drill-down tables that maintain their interactivity when the report is saved to Excel format.