Zephyr, a leading industry provider of test management software, today at the Atlassian Summit announced the release of Zephyr for JIRA 2.0 and a new product ZAPI 1.0. This new release and new product delivers on many key customer requests as well as brings innovation in the way teams integrate automation and continuous integrations tools inside JIRA. Zephyr for JIRA is used by more than 1500 customers in 65 countries, helping them adroitly manage their quality process and produce high quality software on time.
Zephyr for JIRA 2.0 – News Facts:
• Further advancing its leadership as the Top Grossing Testing Add-on the Atlassian Marketplace, Zephyr for JIRA 2.0 takes test management to the next level with the introduction of a new Execution Navigator and advanced searching using the Zephyr Query Language (ZQL).
• New features now allow the searching of test executions using a variety of simple clauses with auto-completion built right in. Results can now be saved as favorite private or global filters and can be reused in a variety of ways.
• The Execution Navigator allows for rapid searching and execution of tests with performance enhancing capabilities such as bulk status updates, copy/move tests between test cycles. Test execution reports are now available directly from the Execution Navigator in five different formats.
• Join Zephyr for a Webcast on Oct-15, 2013 to see the new enhancements and product in action. More details here.
Zephyr for JIRA 2.0 is all about opening up its testing data to be accessed, viewed, and updated in a variety of different ways, be it via the easy-to-use user interface that is integrated right into JIRA, or programmatically via the addition of the newly announced Add-on ZAPI 1.0. “We’ve been using Zephyr for JIRA for almost a year now, says Adelle Grigor, Manager of Atlassian Technology Enablement Competency (ATEC) for CGU and other IAG companies. “With Atlassian tools and the Zephyr Add-on, we can share complete SDLC tracks across the organization. This reduces project kick off time, ensuring each team builds on a comprehensive set of requirements and testcases, rather than starting from scratch. We expect to see even more productivity gains with the new enhancements and product release.”
ZAPI 1.0 – News Facts
• ZAPI is a Zephyr for JIRA Add-on that allows access to Zephyr’s testing data including the ability to view and upload data programmatically.
• ZAPI allows access to Zephyr for JIRA to read-write testing related data via REST APIs. This can be used to query test cycles, fetch tests and test cycles, update test results, create new tests, etc.
• Integration to automation and continuous integration tools are now possible with well-documented and supported REST APIs.
“We take our leadership role very seriously, closely listening to our customers, and committed to delivering the best testing products that compliment Atlassian tools,” said Shailesh Mangal, CTO for Zephyr. “The combination of these two products creates endless testing possibilities for project teams. ZAPI 1.0 and Zephyr for JIRA 2.0 give users enhanced abilities to execute tests in a free form way and leverage the REST APIs to unify testing data across multiple systems.”
Availability & Pricing
• Zephyr for JIRA 2.0 is available now on the Atlassian Marketplace.
• ZAPI 1.0 is available on the Atlassian Marketplace. ZAPI 1.0 requires Zephyr for JIRA 2.0 to be installed.
• Pricing: Starts as low as $10 a year