AvePoint, the leader in governance, compliance, and management solutions for social enterprise collaboration platforms, today announced the latest version of its flagship product for automated service and proactive governance enforcement, DocAve Governance Automation Service Pack (SP) 3, with support for Microsoft SharePoint 2013.
DocAve Governance Automation encourages the adoption of Microsoft SharePoint by providing users with a service catalog for provisioning, management, and permissions requests throughout SharePoint’s full lifecycle. Through our automation, organizations can define, implement, and proactively enforce their governance policies while closing the custom code gap created by home-grown solutions.
Key benefits of DocAve Governance Automation include:
• Deliver Microsoft SharePoint as a service by allowing end users to request resources through an intuitive service catalog available within SharePoint
• Simplify the way business users interact with IT by resolving ambiguity around provisioning, managing permissions, and SharePoint lifecycle management
• Ensure all requests comply with predefined governance policies through fully auditable approval processes
• Enable chargeback to functional business units and improve ongoing realignment of cost allocation by utilizing holistic auditing to analyze business usage of SharePoint assets
• Implement service policies or tiers for sites and site collections while updating service levels as requirements evolve, incorporating service levels for backup, storage tiers, auditing, and archiving
“As more organizations are adopting SharePoint 2013 it’s vital that they ensure its new deployment has the proper plans and policies in place for governing users and content,” said George Petrou, Chief Technology Officer at AvePoint. “DocAve Governance Automation SP 3 ensures that enterprises don’t create policies and plans in a vacuum by providing a fully auditable business approval process for fulfilling all requests within established governance policies.”
By utilizing the entire DocAve 6 Software Platform – including modules for data protection, administration, storage optimization, compliance, and reporting – DocAve Governance Automation transcends the capabilities of niche SharePoint security management tools for content management, SharePoint lifecycle management, permissions management, and provisioning. As with all AvePoint solutions, DocAve Governance Automation SP 3 utilizes only fully supported Microsoft methodologies and APIs.
DocAve Governance Automation SP 3 is generally available today, June 25, 2013. For more information on what DocAve Governance Automation SP 3 means for your SharePoint governance, please visit AvePoint’s website.