Attunity Ltd., a leading provider of information availability software solutions, announced today the release of Attunity Replicate 2.1, a high-performance data delivery solution featuring several new enhancements for data warehousing. One key optimization is the addition of Attunity TurboStream CDC, an innovative feature designed to significantly enhance performance. This proprietary technology stages source data, consolidates changes, and delivers data in parallel to the target, optimizing change data capture (CDC) for high-volume and low-bandwidth scenarios. The enhanced Attunity Replicate solution is ideal for strategic initiatives including Big Data analytics and business intelligence typically seen in data warehouse and cloud environments.
Engineered from the ground up to meet the high-performance demands of Big Data, Attunity Replicate’s new performance enhancements support many data warehouses, including Amazon Redshift, EMC Greenplum and Teradata. For example, optimizations for data delivery to Teradata include Attunity Replicate’s use of Teradata Parallel Transporter (TPT) utilities, like FastLoad, to move large volumes of data into the Teradata database with optimal speed, ease and efficiency. These enhancements are designed to enable organizations to accelerate time to value and reduce the costs of provisioning data.
Attunity Replicate 2.1’s new capabilities and optimizations include:
• TurboStream CDC (Change Data Capture): This new and innovative technology provides key optimizations for Amazon Redshift, EMC Greenplum and Teradata, leveraging the data warehouses’ native features and utilities to optimize performance and agility.
◦ Support for new sources: ODBC (open database connectivity), Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and Salesforce.
◦ Support for new targets: Amazon Redshift, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and Teradata.
• Full Support for Large Objects: BLOBs, CLOBS, and NCLOBS.
• Enhanced expression Builders (Transforms, Filters, & Global Transformations): Significant investment in usability and graphical user interfaces.
• Improved Resource Utilization and Error Handling Policies
• Log File Management: Provides the ability to automatically delete or roll over log files according to the logs date and size.
“By leveraging each data warehouses’ native technologies in combination with Attunity TurboStream CDC technology, Attunity Replicate provides optimized data delivery for Big Data analytics,” explained Matt Benati, VP Global Marketing at Attunity. “In addition, Attunity TurboStream CDC technology speeds data replication to the cloud, where low-bandwidth lines traditionally cause data transfer bottlenecks and other related challenges. We believe that our customers will appreciate Attunity Replicate’s new boost in performance, broadened platform support and quick ROI.”