CollabNet, a global leader in open software development and delivery solutions, today announced a new release of TeamForge.TeamForge now allows enterprise software teams to easily manage a wider range of tools and processes to streamline the increasingly complex software development lifecycle. Organizations leveraging open source, scaling Agile and adopting DevOps now have deeper levels of traceability and reporting, and tighter integrations with JIRA, Git, Subversion and other leading tools to create a unified software delivery tool chain. With TeamForge, engineering teams can use the tools and processes they want, while managers and architects have enterprise-wide context, governance and visibility.
“Software has become a driver of innovation and a source of strategic competitive advantage for our customers. Speedy delivery of high-value applications is of paramount importance to them,” said Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet. “CollabNet’s mission is to help customers win in the business of software. The new TeamForge uniquely enables them to increase development velocity, productivity, and efficiency on their terms. It offers customers the freedom to choose tools, Source Code Management (SCM) systems, and development methodologies that best meet their needs—all while ensuring enterprise-grade visibility, traceability, and security.”
As the most extensible and flexible application development and delivery platform available, TeamForge allows enterprises and government agencies to accelerate software delivery, while leveraging tools, version control systems and processes to best meet business needs. TeamForge facilitates flexible adoption of Agile and DevOps, while maintaining governance, compliance and IP security standards. It enables organizations to maximize ROI and promote innovation through a governed adoption of open source tools. An SSAE 16 SOC 1 Type 11 and ISO 27001-certified cloud hosted version of TeamForge enhances global development efficiency and flexibility even further.
TeamForge incorporates new features and integrations that reinforce and expand its unique value proposition, specifically the capabilities that follow:
- Unmatched visibility and traceability across tools, projects, and teams to ensure quality and maintain compliance and governance standards. The new TeamForge Associations Viewer visualizes granular associations between related artifacts and activities throughout the application lifecycle.
- Agile execution at enterprise scale to drive organization-wide development velocity within any software development methodology. TeamForge adds support for multiple Kanban boards and provides the capacity for Scrum and Kanban teams to share a common backlog for effective collaboration.
- The broadest range of supported open source and commercial third-party tools, enabling teams to leverage the best tools for the job without compromising governance and IP security. New integrations with Atlassian’s JIRA® brings TeamForge’s unique enterprise SCM capabilities for Git and ApacheTM Subversion® to JIRA, while visually associating JIRA issues with related downstream artifacts and activities, including Jenkins CI builds, Gerrit code reviews, and Nexus binary repositories.
- Best-in-class enterprise SCM capabilities for distributed (Git) or centralized (SVN) version control systems. TeamForge adds replication, branch-level protection, visualization and comparison support for Git, as well as a new code browser for both Git and Subversion.
- Advanced reporting capabilities within and across projects to analyze, measure, and improve performance, including SCM and portfolio-level reports to help monitor progress and compare results across projects and teams for better organization-wide predictability and productivity.
More information about TeamForge is available at http://collab.net/TeamForge.