Concurrent, Inc., the leader in data application infrastructure, today announced the latest release of Driven, the industry’s leading application performance management product for the data-driven enterprise. Driven is built to address the challenges of business-critical data application development and deployment, delivering control and performance management for enterprises seeking to achieve operational excellence on Hadoop.
As enterprises continue in the business of data, IT leaders are rapidly executing on next-generation data management strategies. However, working on Hadoop has proved to be difficult. Specifically, enterprises are struggling with data governance, compliance and application performance management due to a plethora of compute fabrics, a shortage of performance management tools and Hadoop’s out-of-the-box complexity.
Driven offers unmatched visibility into applications written in Cascading, Scalding, Cascalog, Hive and native MapReduce, providing deep insights, search, segmentation and visualizations for service-level agreement (SLA) management – all while collecting rich operational metadata in a scalable data repository. This allows users to isolate, control, report and manage a broad range of data applications, from the simplest to the most complex data processes, allowing enterprises to leverage capabilities across a wide variety of application frameworks. Driven is a proven performance management solution that enterprises can rely on to deliver against their data strategies.
Key features of Driven 1.2 include:
Enhanced governance and compliance for Hadoop apps
- Create and export saved views of a rich metadata repository to support governance and compliance.
- Visualize end-to-end data lineage, allowing users to view the data pipeline in real time.
- Detect applications that violate service-level agreements (SLAs) and policies.
Operational excellence for Hadoop apps
- Integration with third-party monitoring tools and notification platforms like HipChat, PagerDuty and Nagios, allowing organizations to seamlessly integrate Driven into their existing communication and management platforms.
- Integration with JIRA, allowing users to quickly create JIRA issues with detailed application views and application specific operational data.
- Application performance segmentation by team, department or custom tags for role-based views, chargeback models and capacity planning.