MuleSoft, the company that makes it easy to connect applications, data and devices, today announced a major new release of its Anypoint Platform, featuring next generation capabilities for data transformation, hybrid management and community collaboration. The core Mule runtime engine of Anypoint Platform now incorporates Weave, a new data transformation module, and Anypoint Management Center, a single management plane for integration and APIs both in the cloud and on-premises. In addition, this release now includes new capabilities for companies to create private instances of Anypoint Exchange for sharing best practices and internal collaboration. The release is built to dramatically simplify complex data integrations and provide a unified experience for managing API-led connectivity in one interface.
“We’ve taken a significant step forward with Anypoint Platform to enable organizations to perform even more powerful data integrations and make it easier for them to do so with unified management and community collaboration. The ability to manage API-led connectivity in one place is key to an enterprise’s hybrid integration strategy,” said Ken Yagen, vice president of products, MuleSoft. “With this release, we are redefining integration so companies can transform and compete in a vastly changing digital world.”
The Digital Era Welcomes API-led Connectivity
The digital economy is entering a new age that demands organizations to leverage new technologies to stay competitive and innovate in ways that were never before possible. API-led connectivity enables organizations to unlock the value of existing systems with APIs and to innovate rapidly without losing security or control of critical enterprise data. MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform is a complete solution for API-led connectivity that integrates applications and data both on-premises and in the cloud, unleashing the value of that data through the design, implementation and management of APIs.
Anypoint Platform June 2015 Release Highlights
The latest Anypoint Platform release enables a new era of hybrid integration for today’s connectivity needs. Underpinning this new release is Mule 3.7, the latest version of the runtime engine for Anypoint Platform. It features enhanced performance, broader connectivity and hybrid deployment with support for the Java 8 runtime.
Weave: a full-featured and fully native module in Mule for querying and transforming data
● Make even the most complex transformations simple: Weave is a simple, powerful way to query and transform data inside of Mule. It is powered by a JSON-like language that’s purposefully built to make transformations as fast to write as possible, while ensuring they are highly maintainable over the long term.
● More elegant and reusable than custom code: Data transformations built using Weave can be leveraged across applications. It supports a variety of transformations, from simple one-to-one mappings to more elaborate mappings including normalization, grouping, joins, partitioning, pivoting and filtering. It also supports XML, JSON, CSV, Fixed Width, Java and EDI out of the box.
● Advanced tooling and graphical interface: Tools include code editor with autocompletion and debugging, visual editor and DataSense integration. Weave is fully integrated with the graphical interface of Anypoint Studio and DataSense, allowing users to leverage metadata from connectors, schemas and sample documents to more easily design transformations.
Anypoint Management Center: unified management plane for application deployments
● Manage hybrid deployments and users from a single interface: Anypoint Management Center leverages the core Mule runtime engine for integration and API management. Users get a unified view for all of their integration applications and business groups, whether deployed on-premises, in the cloud or as API gateways. The result is a consistent management experience whether on-premises or in the cloud.
● Deep insight and governance into APIs and integrations: Organizations receive full visibility into API metrics, message traffic and back-end integrations.
● Extensible to existing identity management, SDLC and analytics solutions: Plugins and runtime APIs enable extensibility to existing infrastructure, as well as continuous integration and delivery.
Anypoint Exchange: brings together integration best practices from MuleSoft’s partner and community ecosystem in a central hub
● Curate a private Anypoint Exchange: Organizations can now add customized best practices to a private instance of Anypoint Exchange to increase adoption and awareness of internal resources, accelerate developer onramp, and encourage collaboration across internal IT teams.
● Everything developers need in a single location: Complete listing of connectors, templates, examples and RAMLs for access and use through the Web and within Anypoint Studio.
● Vibrant ecosystem of partners and community contributors: Launch of a new program for partners and developers to submit their connectors to be published on the Exchange. New partner and developer-built connectors in the launch include Acquia Lift, IBM Maximo for Oil and Gas, Infor Sunsystems, Jira, Oracle RightNow, Splunk and more.
Other new additions include:
● Business Groups: Enables integrators and API program owners to manage a tenant-aware administrative hierarchy that reflects their organization’s structure. Business groups enable high efficiency governance in large scale enterprise settings. They allow for a per group allocation of resources, delimitation of users, roles and permissions, as well as inheritance of policies.
● MUnit: Connectivity unit testing built right into Anypoint Studio for designing and executing unit tests on integration flows and API implementations.
● SOAP Connect: A new capability within MuleSoft’s SDK, Anypoint Connector DevKit, to quickly package WSDL files in multiple locations into a single connector with DataSense.