Nebula, the enterprise private cloud company, announced today that a new version of Nebula Cosmos system software is now available. Version 1.2 offers enterprise class private cloud features that integrate with Microsoft Active Directory to simplify identity and access management to the private cloud.
The new software offers seamless integration with a company’s existing Active Directory database to securely achieve single sign-on for both enterprise and private cloud resources behind the firewall. Nebula’s private cloud infrastructure can authenticate enterprise users to an existing Active Directory database, thereby simplifying user management and user access to the Nebula Private Cloud. This enables enterprise IT to:
• Centrally manage identity for private cloud users using existing Active Directory credentials
• Identify which AD group(s) have access to Nebula Private Cloud
• Specify cloud users vs. cloud admins
• Eliminate process on approval and account creation within the cloud infrastructure
• Deliver faster access to cloud resources, without administrative IT burden
• Improve productivity and accelerate ROI through self-service resource use
Version 1.2 includes other configuration and system enhancements to help deploy and secure the private cloud.
“Providing seamless integration with existing enterprise identity is critical to accelerate deployment and access to the private cloud,” said Tina Nolte, VP of Product Management at Nebula. “And to create a complete turnkey enterprise experience, the private cloud also needs to seamlessly work with existing storage and network infrastructures.”
The company also plans to integrate with other critical enterprise resources including storage and networking to create a fully unified enterprise cloud landscape.
Nebula Cosmos 1.2 system software will be available this quarter, and the company plans to roll out additional private cloud features for storage and networking integration over the coming months.