OpenLogic, Inc., the leading provider of enterprise open source software support, scanning and governance solutions today announced that OpenLogic Exchange (OLEX), a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution for comprehensive governance and provisioning of open source software, now enables collaboration on open source compliance across the enterprise and the software supply chain.
OpenLogic’s new collaborative compliance solution provides ways to track activities and share information among developers, legal and business staff within the enterprise. In addition, enterprises can collaborate with supply chain partners on compliance activities.
“Open source compliance is an activity that requires input from technical, legal and business staff, as well as supply chain partners. Our SaaS solution for open source compliance is well-suited for this collaboration among stakeholders,” said Kim Weins, senior vice president of OpenLogic. “With this new version of OLEX, many different participants can efficiently work together to determine what open source is present, what licenses are relevant, and what compliance actions are required.”
New collaboration functionality in OpenLogic OLEX includes:
• Audit History: This provides a complete history of each action in the compliance process, who did it and when it was done.
• Audit Notes: All stakeholders can share real time comments and notes to communicate issues and document decisions made during the compliance process.
• Collaborative Workflows: Enterprises can create custom approval workflows for approving internal uses of open source or approving incoming code from vendors.
• Usage Worksheet: Developers and legal staff can collaborate in determining which open source license obligations apply based on how open source software is linked and used.
• Compliance Report: In addition to the intuitive web interface, OLEX generates compliance reports in spreadsheet format for easy sharing among stakeholders.