JetBrains, creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software development tools, today announced the general availability of ReSharper 7, a major new release of their all-time classic productivity extension for Microsoft Visual Studio.
With Visual Studio 2012 and Windows 8 RTM just around the corner, ReSharper 7 adds full-blown support for Visual Studio 2012 while preserving compatibility with Visual Studio 2005, 2008, and 2010. ReSharper 7 also provides extensive tooling for developers targeting Windows 8 and WinRT, the brand-new Microsoft operating system and runtime.
Customers who aren’t yet migrating to the new Visual Studio will still find a lot to cheer about in ReSharper 7. New ReSharper functionality available in all supported versions of Visual Studio includes a fresh set of real-time code inspections and automated quick-fixes; new refactorings, including the long-awaited Extract Class; more ways to visualize and explore the code base; and contract annotations to fine-tune ReSharper’s code quality analysis to application-specific conventions.
ReSharper 7 highlights include:
• Full integration with Visual Studio 2012, in addition to Visual Studio 2005, 2008, and 2010.
• Extensive pack of functionality for developers looking to create WinRT-based Metro style applications.
• New code inspections and contract annotations for more robust .NET code quality analysis.
• New automated code refactorings, including the top requested Extract Class for decreasing code complexity.
• Additional code exploration features for helping visualize hierarchies of polymorphic members and CSS styles.
• Extended set of code generation actions.
• INotifyPropertyChanged interface support to improve the productivity of developers working with Windows Forms, WPF, and Silverlight.
• Removing unused assembly references across the entire solution.
To learn more about ReSharper 7 and try the software free for 30 days, please visit http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/whatsnew.