According to the company, enterprise developers used to only be able to share code via email or an artifact store, which limited their ability to reuse and scale.
Npm Enterprise will feature a cloud-deployed registry to enable the publication and sharing of public packages. Companies will also get their own website for developer access control and other permissions. In addition, developers will have a choice to publish private packages or open-source packages for anyone to access.
Other features include:
- Dedicated single-tenant hosting in a Kubernetes cluster
- Support for industry-standard SSO authentication
- Role-based access control for managing access and publication of modules
- Sharing of private packages between and across teams
- Customizable workflows for code collaboration and seamless CI/CD system integration
- Notification of known vulnerabilities through “npm audit”