SOTI Inc., the world’s most trusted provider inEnterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy management, today announced significant updates to its leading device management solution, MobiControl. MobiControl 11 delivers choice and simplicity to the device management landscape, including enhanced functionality for next generation mobility providing the most flexible management tools regardless of device or platform.
SOTI MobiControl 11 Highlights:
• Manage It All: With growing trends towards consumerization of IT and the consolidation of rugged and consumer devices, SOTI recognizes the need to provide immediate support of the latest devices, OEMs and operating systems. MobiControl 11 supports everything new in the mobile ecosystem including Samsung KNOX, iOS 7, Amazon Kindle Fire HDX, Windows Phone 8.1, Windows Handheld Embedded and much more. Whether BYOD, corporate liable, rugged or semi-rugged devices, SOTI MobiControl gives organizations the flexibility to choose the technology that fits their needs and to manage it all from a single pane of glass.
• User-Based Licensing: Organizations are now able to select a user-based licensing model that simplifies administration, enhances security and provides users with the flexibility to use multiple mobile devices in the workplace. The user-based licensing model offers significant cost savings, helping organizations overcome budgetary constraints. Gartner predicts that organizations will be spending more than $300 per employee per year on mobile apps, security, management and support by 2016. With SOTI’s user-based licensing model, costs could be reduced to as little as $60 per employee per year.
• MYOD Self-Service Portal: MobiControl’s MYOD (Manage Your Own Device) self-service portal equips device users with tools to manage their mobile devices, thereby reducing IT support costs and increasing productivity. Management features allow users to reset passwords, wipe data on a lost or stolen device, lock a misplaced device, send messages to a device, locate their device via geo-tracking, gain visibility into their apps and much more.
• Geo-Aware Content Access: Based on a device’s location, enterprises can restrict access to sensitive corporate information while still providing users uninterrupted access to their personal applications and data.
• Mass Configuration & Application Provisioning: Device settings and apps can be automatically configured and deployed with limited to no user interaction required. SOTI MobiControl’s unique ability to automate app configuration dramatically reduces the workload for IT administrators when deploying large numbers of devices.