Syncsort, a global leader in high-performance Big Data integration software, today announced the availability of Syncsort Ironcluster (formerly DMX-h) Hadoop ETL — the first data integration engine for Amazon Elastic MapReduce (Amazon EMR). The new offering from Syncsort on Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides elastic Hadoop ETL as-a-service running on Amazon EMR, combining blazing speed, virtually infinite scalability, and ease of use.
“We are excited to work with Syncsort to offer the first ETL product available on the AWS Marketplace that combines the scalability of Amazon EMR with Syncsort’s powerful Hadoop ETL product,” said Terry Hanold, Vice President, Cloud Commerce, AWS. “The combination of these two offerings will enable customers to quickly and cost-effectively process vast amounts of data in the cloud.”
To help jump-start customers’ Big Data projects, Ironcluster is available today with single click access via the AWS Marketplace for use with Amazon EMR on up to 10 nodes at no additional charge. Taking advantage of cloud-based pricing, customers can pay for additional nodes as needed at an attractive hourly price point.
Ironcluster will make it simple for customers to offload their expensive and inefficient data processing workloads from legacy data warehouses and mainframe systems into Amazon EMR. Customers will also be able to seamlessly move high-performance data processing workloads between Ironcluster on Amazon EMR and Ironcluster running within a customer’s data center on Hadoop.
“We’re really excited to be working with Amazon Web Services to deliver our market-leading Hadoop product line on their extraordinary cloud platform,” said Lonne Jaffe, CEO, Syncsort. “Ironcluster on Amazon EMR is an extremely simple, inexpensive and secure way for an enterprise to get started with high-performance Big Data processing in the cloud.”
Highlights of how the Syncsort solution on AWS unlocks the power of Amazon EMR include:
· Smarter Productivity. Developers can get started and be fully productive with Amazon EMR in minimum time. A library of use-case accelerators makes it easy to implement common tasks including Amazon EMR jobs such as joins, change data capture (CDC), web log aggregations, and mainframe data access
· Smarter Connectivity. Broad based connectivity to any data source. Connects to enterprise-wide business data sources virtually to Hadoop with only one tool, including RDBMS, mainframe, HDFS, Amazon Redshift, salesforce.com and Amazon S3
· Smarter Development with NO coding. Developers can design MapReduce jobs and develop complex data flows through a template-based graphical user interface without writing a single line of code. Developers can design once and reuse many times
· Smarter Architecture. Syncsort’s Hadoop ETL for Amazon EMR has a very small footprint with no dependencies on third-party systems like an RDBMS, compilers, or application servers
· Smarter Economics. IT organizations can get results in less time and at a fraction of the cost of other solutions, including the ability to take advantage of the low cost of Syncsort’s Hadoop ETL for Amazon EMR in a cloud-based environment
Syncsort will be showcasing this solution at booth #825 at AWS re:Invent 2013 in Las Vegas from November 12-15 where Syncsort is a sponsor. In addition, Syncsort is now a Standard member of the AWS Partner Network.
To learn more about Syncsort Ironcluster Hadoop ETL click here.