Telerik, an end-to-end provider of software application lifecycle and content management solutions, today announced the official release of Test Studio for iOS, its mobile automated testing solution for iPhone, iPad and iPod applications. Test Studio for iOS is the first iOS app testing solution downloadable from Apple’s App Store directly to customers’ devices, enabling any stakeholder to take part in improving the quality of their mobile applications. Telerik’s new iOS app testing tool also supports MonoTouch, PhoneGap and Xcode development platforms.
With the pressure to validate an increasingly complex set of testing requirements across different applications architectures and interfaces, multiple mobile OSs, form factors, and network technology layers, IDC forecasts cloud and mobility applications will help propel worldwide testing services to an impressive 15.4 percent annual growth rate through 2015.
“The explosive growth of the iOS application development market calls for a solid testing solution that ensures apps are of outstanding quality in order to stand out from competitors and raise the bar in user experience. We’re pleased to announce the availability of this first-of-a-kind invaluable tool that developers can now download from Apple’s App Store,” said Christopher Eyhorn, Executive VP, Telerik Testing Tools Division. “Telerik seized the opportunity to develop a leading-edge solution for testing web, native and hybrid apps without jailbreaking the device. Test Studio for iOS is an advanced, yet easy to use and deploy testing solution for iOS apps”.
Key product features include:
• No need to jailbreak, unlock or modify mobile devices. Out-of-the-box support for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (iOS 4.0+)
• Ability to test native, Web and hybrid apps. For developers who want to test native iOS apps, they will need to download a small library component from the Telerik website to recompile with their app code.
• Object-based recording – All recorded test steps are based on Element Locaters ensuring that the correct element is targeted when tests playback.
• Ad-hoc testing – Enables beta testers or app owners to manually walk through an application, record feedback about the UI or bugs, and send comments and screenshots directly to client’s email or the outsourced app dev team.
• Maintainable tests – Update tests without having to re-record everything. Edit values for existing recorded steps and continue recording from a specific point in the test.
• Support for offline authoring and execution. Test Studio for iOS is fully functional on any of the supported devices developers deploy it on—iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (iOS 4.0+). Developers can choose to never leave their device and can work without having to go back and forth between devices.
Pricing and Availability
Version 1 of Test Studio for iOS app can be downloaded for free from Apple’s App Store directly to an iPhone, iPad or iPod device. The app features mobile web testing capabilities only. The product extension for testing native and hybrid apps can be downloaded free of charge from Telerik’s website here to a Mac computer.
Registration for a webinar with additional details about the new Test Studio for iOS release is now open at: Test Studio Webinar Registration.