JetBrains, the creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing tools for software developers, have announced the general availability of RubyMine 3.0, the most powerful IDE for Ruby and Rails development.
“In this release we focused on adding support for the latest version of Ruby on Rails framework and making the IDE still easier to use,” said Dennis Ushakov, RubyMine lead developer. “We are doing our best to keep RubyMine on the cutting edge, which is a must with a technology as dynamic as Ruby on Rails.”
The key changes in RubyMine 3.0 include:
• Support for the latest Rails 3.0 framework, and better support for Ruby
• RCov based Ruby code coverage integration inside IDE
• Improved Ruby code editor with support for more languages, e.g. LESS, SASS
• Better Git integration, added Mercurial VCS support, and integration with issue trackers
• Reworked IDE UI for all supported platforms: Windows, Mac OS and Linux
Numerous changes were made in RubyMine’s every aspect including usability, performance, intelligence and all supported technologies.
To learn more about JetBrains RubyMine and to download a free 30-day evaluation, please visit the official RubyMine website at http://www.jetbrains.com/ruby/?RM3PR.
Starting with RubyMine 3.0, separate personal and commercial licenses are available, both affordably priced, especially for individual developers. Each license includes free IDE updates for 1 year after the purchase date, covering even major new releases.
To learn more please see http://www.jetbrains.com/ruby/buy/?RM3PR.