K2, a leader in business process application software, today released K2 for SharePoint, allowing users to build and run business applications within SharePoint – using forms, workflow, data and reports.
The original announcement was made in conjunction with K2 Appit at the K2 User Conference in Las Vegas, NV. Specifically built to work with SharePoint 2013, K2 for SharePoint allows users to:
• Create workflows that span lists and libraries in different SharePoint sites and across multiple versions of SharePoint – on-premises or in the cloud.
• Create customized forms and workflows and integrate SharePoint data with existing line-of-business data – all within SharePoint.
• Build web and mobile apps that use SharePoint data but run independently from your SharePoint environment.
• Build components, like forms and workflows once and reuse them across all your applications – in and out of SharePoint.
“It is now easy to deliver powerful workflow and forms-driven apps on SharePoint,” said Adriaan van Wyk, CEO and cofounder of K2. “Our customers now have the ability to create scalable and secure no-code apps that span on-premises, cloud and hybrid SharePoint environments, without sacrificing capability or control. It is an exciting time.”
“K2 has been delivering significant value for SharePoint customers since the very first version of SharePoint,” says Arpan Shah, Sr. Director, Microsoft Office 365. “We are pleased that K2 is now offering the same familiar capabilities for SharePoint 2013 and Office365, delivered through a new innovative solution. We look forward to seeing our customers using these powerful tools to help make their businesses more efficient.”
For more information on K2 for SharePoint, visit www.k2.com/platform/integration/sharepoint-workflow. A full list of features can be found here: www.k2.com/platform/integration/K2-for-SharePoint-features.
In other news
K2 has released an updated K2 Mobile app for iPhone and iPad users. The app, available for current K2 blackpearl and K2 Appit customers, provides users with access to K2 tasks on their iPhone or iPad.
Customers can use the K2 Mobile app to review and respond to any K2 task, across any process. They can also access process and form data directly from their iPhone or iPad for more efficient decision-making.
The K2 Mobile app for iOS includes:
• An easy-to-use, intuitive interface, designed for iOS 7
• Access to all K2 tasks, across all processes, in a single interface
• Ability to redirect or share tasks with other users, to ensure that work is done by the right person
• Access to form data for better decision-making
• Workflow and task status reports for better visibility
• Ability to put a task on hold — for a few hours, until next week or until you’ve had your morning coffee
“People are demanding more from their business software across any device at any time,” said Josh Swihart, SVP Marketing at K2. “Today’s release is optimized for a powerful user experience and our customers should expect more innovation as K2 continues to make significant investments in mobile.”
For more information or to download any of the K2 Mobile apps, visit www.k2.com/mobile.