Progress today announced the latest release of Telerik DevCraft suite, the most complete .NET toolbox for web, mobile and desktop development. The new release introduces extended support for ASP.NET Core 1.0 (incl. MVC6) and .NET Core 1.0, as well as first-class features to help developers build modern and future-proof business apps faster.
According to the company’s annual .NET Developer Survey released in April 2016, “New advancements around cross-platform development and open source are making it an exciting time to be a .NET developer. Furthermore, 69 percent of web developers are highly anticipating and are excited about the changes coming in ASP.NET.”1
Today’s release extends those capabilities with support for .NET Core 1.0, allowing developers to build cross-platform web apps running on Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition, Telerik web UI tools enable developers to quickly and easily produce mature and richer business web apps for the platform of their choice, including ASP.NET Core 1.0, using a plethora of new improvements. These include enhanced Editor and Spreadsheet controls for Kendo UI, Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC and Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX, advanced TagHelpers in Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC and more scaffolding options for the ASP.NET MVC TreeView.
“We have continued to deliver cutting-edge tooling to elevate, yet ease the development experience, by being among the few to support ASP.NET Core 1.0 (including MVC6) and .NET Core 1.0,” said Marina Hristova, Vice President, Product Marketing and Management, Telerik DevTools, Progress. “No matter what the app platform—mobile, web or desktop—our DevCraft offering provides the most innovative and complete toolbox for building amazing and solid business applications.”
Additional Advancements in Telerik DevCraft Q2 2016
- Official release of the RadVirtualGrid in Telerik UI for WinForms, allowing developers to easily visualize and handle large data-sets.
- One-of-a-kind conversion tool from standard Windows Forms controls to Telerik UI for WinForms, enabling developers to easily bring a modern look and feel to legacy WinForms apps, benefiting from the rich capabilities and theming of Telerik UI for Winforms.
- Official release of device-friendly RadGrid for Universal Windows Platform which offers user-friendly UI and the best possible UX for every device – phone, tablet and desktop.
- Mobile UI tool advancements, including new templates and project configuration wizards for Telerik UI for Xamarin and Windows Universal (8.1) support for ListView in Telerik UI for Xamarin.Forms, enabling the ListView to run across all three popular platforms—iOS, Android and Windows Universal.
- Data alerts and email notifications in Telerik Report Server, as well as integration with Telerik Reporting WPF and Telerik Reporting WinForms Report Viewers for viewing reports stored in the Report Server.
For more details about the latest release of the Telerik DevCraft suite, and to download a free trial, please visit http://www.telerik.com/devcraft.
Progress will also host a webinar on May 11 outlining details of the new release. To register for this informative session, click here.