Matillion, a leading provider of data transformation software for cloud data warehouses (CDWs), today announced the availability of Matillion ETL for Azure Synapse to enable data transformations in complex IT environments, at scale. Empowering enterprises to achieve faster time to insights by loading, transforming, and joining together data, the release extends Matillion’s product portfolio to further serve Microsoft Azure customers.
Enterprises that use Azure Synapse to merge insights from data warehouses and data lakes need a data transformation solution that can pull in data from a variety of sources, and transform it to quickly extract the hidden value that can inform critical business decisions. Companies can use Matillion ETL to load data into Azure Synapse – including but not limited to Microsoft data sources – and then perform powerful transformations to enable data analysis and reporting as well as advanced use cases such as AI and machine learning. Matillion ETL for Azure Synapse also enables customers to manage various Azure-specific features, such as the ability to design distributed tables within Azure Synapse to improve query performance and load speed, optimizing a customer’s experience.
“With the availability of Matillion ETL for Microsoft Azure Synapse, we help expand Azure Synapse’s mission to blend data warehousing and analytics, by enabling customers to quickly and easily perform the robust data transformations necessary to extract value from their many data sources,” said Matthew Scullion, CEO, Matillion. “With features built specifically for Azure Synapse, enterprises can use Matillion ETL to enable their data journey and gain new insights, ultimately making better decisions, from all data and across all data stores inside the Microsoft ecosystem and beyond.”
Matillion ETL for Azure Synapse helps users get faster time-to-value and insight with the following capabilities:
- Simple to advanced transformation components (filter, join, combine, rank, etc.) that can be combined to address even the most complex data transformations to customize output
- Pre-built data source components to integrate cloud and on-prem databases, files, NoSQL, and SaaS applications. Examples include SQL Server, Oracle, Excel, SharePoint, MongoDB, Salesforce, Facebook, and Bing
- User-configurable REST API to leverage additional data sources without native integrations
- Native deployment within Azure, enabling management of Azure Synapse features like distributed table design, table indexing, and data partitioning
- Built-in scheduler to update tables in Azure Synapse at specified intervals
- Data ingestion from Azure Blob Storage to integrate with other data sources within Matillion for greater insights across company data
- Suite of enterprise features to support enterprise data needs including, GIT integration, individual and group user permissions, re-usable jobs, audit log generation, and more
“Azure Synapse merges enterprise data warehousing and Big Data analytics for limitless analytics service. Customers can use the foundation of Microsoft Azure Synapse and the purpose-built features provided by Matillion ETL to transform data from multiple data sources for faster analysis and reporting, said Daniel Yu, director of product marketing, Azure data and artificial intelligence at Microsoft. “Matillion provides enterprises with a cloud-native data transformation solution that eliminates the lengthy process of hand-coding and outpaces legacy ETL tools to help customers get more value from their data, quickly.”