MetaVis Technologies announced Information Manager Power User Edition, a new affordable information management and migration tool available for Windows and Mac OS X that enables SharePoint power users to migrate and classify information in SharePoint and Office 365. Power User Edition supports content migration to SharePoint from file systems, file hosting services such as Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, as well as other SharePoint environments. This new edition starts at $295 per seat or a 10 user license can be purchased for $169 per seat. Download a free trial today at www.metavistech.com/download.
“Managing information is daily task and organizations need to empower their users to manage content from various sources by making it easy to move and tag documents directly into SharePoint and Office 365. As more unstructured information is shared and stored on file hosting services such as Dropbox and SkyDrive, it’s essential that users have a way to easily migrate that content into their SharePoint environment for improved security and governance,” said Peter Senescu, President and Co-founder of MetaVis Technologies.
Information Manager Power User Editionmakes it easy for SharePoint end users to efficiently bulk migrate, upload or copy content directly from SharePoint, file shares or file hosting services to any version of SharePoint including SharePoint 2013 or Office 365. Users can maintain existing metadata or reclassify content as they migrate documents to ensure that content is properly tagged and easily found in SharePoint.
Product highlights include:
• Five-minute install: easy to install, agentless product can be up and running in five minutes;
• Perform Bulk Uploads: Upload multiple files and folders from a file system or file hosting service that synchronizes with a file system (Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, etc.) to any SharePoint including Office 365;
• Bulk Copy: Copy items, documents and folders between lists, sites, site collections and server farms – including metadata, version history, MS Office properties;
• Reclassify: Replace / Tag items / documents content types, map fields, enrich existing metadata, map values from the old (source) fields, map users across domains; and
• Maintain Metadata: Preserve created / modified properties including managed metadata fields in SharePoint 2013 and 2010.
Information Manager Power User Edition is an agentless, client side tool that is available for Office 365, SharePoint 2013 and all earlier versions of SharePoint, hosted or on-premise. It also supports any version of Windows and Mac OS X.