Neo Technology, a platinum sponsor of this week’s SpringOne 2GX 2011 conference, today launched Spring Data Neo4j 2.0, the best NOSQL database for Spring. This new release gives users the ability to develop applications quickly on the Spring Framework that leverage complex, connected data. Neo will be demoing Spring Data Neo4j 2.0 at the conference.
Neo today also announced new customers, including Deutsche Telekom, Cisco, Viadeo, and others, and named key additions—Rod Johnson, Rickard Öberg, and Lars Nordwall—to its team.
Spring Data Neo4j (SDN) enables POJO (Plain Old Java Object) based development for Neo4j. It extends annotated entity classes with transparent mapping functionality and boasts a template programming model equivalent to well known Spring templates. Spring Data Neo4j is part of the bigger Spring Data project which aims to provide convenient support for NOSQL databases and make it easier to build Spring-powered applications that use new data access technologies such as non-relational databases, map-reduce frameworks, and cloud based data services. SDN is available at neo4j.org/spring.
Spring Data Neo4j 2.0 brings the following new key features and benefits to users:
● Alternative mapping technology tailored to run against the Neo4j server technology
eliminates friction in development
● Great support for spring-data-commons Mapping Abstraction
● Extended Repository support (Cypher-DSL, QueryDSL, derived finder methods)
With today’s announcement, the company continues to deliver on its promise of bringing NOSQL into the Enterprise. Neo Technology provides the industry’s only NOSQL database capable of solving the complex, connected-data challenges that enterprise application developers face today.
Neo at SpringOne
● Emil Eifrém will be co-delivering the keynote address Tuesday October 25 at 7:30 pm
● Michael Hunger will be speaking on Spring Data Neo4j on Wednesday October 26 at 4:30 pm
● Neo will be hosting a launch party for all SpringOne attendees immediately after Tuesday’s keynote address at 8:45 pm