dtSearch Corp., a leading supplier of general enterprise and developer text retrieval software for instantly searching terabytes of text in a broad variety of online and offline data formats, announces version 7.80 of its product line. All dtSearch products embed dtSearch’s proprietary document filters. The release expands these document filters to directly support a broader range of encrypted PDFs, covering PDF files encrypted with an owner password up to 128-bit RC4 and 128-bit and 256-bit AES.
Products and Platforms. SDKs include the dtSearch Engine for Win & .NET, Linux, and Android, with Mac OS X under development. Native 64-bit and 32-bit APIs cover .NET, C++, and Java. The dtSearch Engine’s document filters are also available for separate OEM licensing across all platforms. Other dtSearch products include: Web with Spider (providing HTML5 templates to publish instantly searchable data to an Internet or Intranet site); Network with Spider; Desktop with Spider; and Publish.
Document Filters and Supported Data. dtSearch products can parse, index, search, display with highlighted hits, and extract content from (using the developer APIs) full-text and metadata in the following data types:
- Web-ready content: supports integrated image and text support in HTML, XML/XSL, PDF, ASP.NET, CMS, PHP, SharePoint, etc.
- Other databases: supports XML, Access, XBASE, CSV, etc.; dtSearch Engine APIs support SQL-type data along with the full-text of BLOB data.
- MS Office formats: supports integrated browser-ready image and text in Word (RTF/DOC/DOCX), PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX), Excel (XLS/XLSX), Access (MDB/ACCDB) and OneNote (ONE).
- Other “Office” formats, PDF, compression formats: supports other “Office” suite formats; compression formats like RAR, ZIP, GZIP and TAR; PDF, PDF Portfolio, and now many encrypted PDFs.
- Emails and attachments: supports integrated browser-ready images, text and attachments in Outlook/Exchange (PST/OST/MSG) and Thunderbird (MBOX/EML).
- Recursively embedded objects: supports recursively embedded objects and images in supported email types and MS Office formats. For example, the dtSearch document filters would support an email attachment consisting of a ZIP container including both a PDF and an Access database, where the latter also includes an embedded PowerPoint with embedded images.
Terabyte Indexer. dtSearch enterprise and developer products can index over a terabyte of text in a single index, spanning multiple directories, emails and attachments, online data and other databases. The products can create and search any number of indexes. Indexed search time is typically less than a second, even across terabytes of data.
Concurrent, Multithreaded Searching. dtSearch developer products provide efficient multithreaded searching, with no limit on the number of concurrent search threads. For online search, the products can run in a completely stateless manner, making it very easy to scale.
Federated Searching and the dtSearch Spider. dtSearch products offer federated searching across any number of directories, emails (with nested attachments), and databases. The dtSearch Spider adds local and remote online content to a search. The Spider can index sites to any level of depth, with support for public and private or secure online content, including log-ins and forms-based authentication. dtSearch products support integrated relevancy ranking with highlighted hits across both online and offline data repositories.
25+ Search Options and International Language Support. The dtSearch product line provides over 25 search types, including special forensics search options. For international language coverage, dtSearch products support Unicode, including support for right-to-left languages, and special Chinese/Japanese/Korean character options.
Faceted Search and Other Data Classification Options. The dtSearch Engine developer APIs support categorization based on document full-text contents, internal document metadata, database content, or data attributes associated with documents during document indexing. The dtSearch Engine also has APIs for other advanced data classification options as well, such as faceted search and full-text and/or fielded data positive and negative variable term weighting.