Perfecto Mobile, the world’s leader in mobile app quality, today announced its MobileCloud plugin for Jenkins, enabling Jenkins users to automate and accelerate testing with real devices during the Continuous Integration (CI) process. The plugin allows testing to be integrated during each development build and also offers seamless connectivity to Perfecto Mobile’s Continuous Quality Lab.
As mobile app Dev/Test teams embrace CI, the need for Continuous Quality becomes the next crucial step. Perfecto Mobile is the only solution that offers a state-of-the-art Continuous Quality Lab designed to grow and scale with the needs of enterprise development teams, allowing users to leverage existing tools for seamless integration and automate their processes to deliver continuous quality. This enables Dev/Test teams to develop more efficiently and with fewer risks, resulting in more satisfied users.
“Perfecto Mobile’s Plugin offers Jenkins users an important component to support the shift to CI with mobile test automation,” said Steven G. Harris, SVP Product at CloudBees, the enterprise Jenkins Company. “With instant access to real devices at scale, through Perfecto’s Continuous Quality Lab, Jenkins users can automate mobile testing across the entire application development lifecycle, providing the rapid feedback needed to improve mobile app quality.”
Powered by Perfecto Mobile’s MobileCloud, the Continuous Quality Lab is a unified real-device lab that supports the modern mobile app development lifecycle from design through post-release monitoring. The Continuous Quality Lab is comprised of services to manually test apps, automate integrated functional and non-functional testing and proactive application monitoring. The enterprise grade lab is open and pre-integrated into popular development and quality tools.
“Development teams are striving to deliver apps faster, which in turn is driving the market to shift towards Continuous Integration and incorporate quality throughout the entire app development cycle. As a result, enterprises are looking for a process to ensure continuous quality as they try to keep pace with this rapidly evolving market all while reducing risk,” said Roi Carmel, Senior Vice President of Products and Strategy, Perfecto Mobile. “Perfecto Mobile meets this need with its ability to provide access to real, carrier-connected devices on a global basis, increasing mobile app release velocity without compromising on quality.”
Following are the advantages available with MobileCloud Jenkins plugin:
- Automate the Process of Continuous Integration – Use Perfecto Mobile’s unattended test code execution on real devices connected to real networks and leverage ScriptOnce automation to quickly create wide-ranging test scenarios for functional and performance quality assurance.
- Real User Conditions with a Mobile-ready CI Plugin – Supports build automation with automatic app deployment on real devices, executing test code, and delivering fast developer feedback.
- Shift Performance Testing Left – Ramp up from single device testing to full, cross-platform load testing on devices worldwide.
- Enterprise-ready Continuous Quality Lab – Extend CI practices to mobile with an always on, test ready lab delivered via the cloud and backed Perfecto Mobile’s SLAs.
- Detect and Correct Defects Faster – Rich reports include step-by-step execution, screenshots, videos and device vitals clearly demonstrating what went wrong and where.
Perfecto Mobile recently presented at the Jenkins User Conference in San Francisco on the topic, “Plug Real Devices into Your Jenkins Process and Automate Testing.” The full presentation can be found here.