Rally, a title sponsor of this week’s Agile 2011 conference, enhances its Agile ALM platform and introduces new coaching services that enable Agile project managers (http://www.rallydev.com/events/agile_webinar_series/agile_project_managers_details) to align development investments with business priorities. New integrations with leading enterprise project portfolio management (PPM) solutions help extend agility across the enterprise by connecting the project management office (PMO) with Agile development teams.
Rally continues to extend agility beyond development and into the enterprise by offering:
• A new Agile Portfolio Steering coaching service that helps the PMO apply Agile techniques to portfolio management that make organizations more responsive to fast-changing market needs.
• Move from a reliance on executing against an annual prediction and up-front plan to active steering of your investments and roadmaps in response to market feedback.
• Help ensure value calculations are as important and rich as cost estimates.
• Learn to prioritize, track and steer initiatives for programs and teams using multi-process Agile.
• Enhancements to Rally’s leading demand management solution, Rally Idea Manager, help strengthen feedback loops between the PMO and development teams to transform high-value user requests into innovative products. Updates include:
• A new reputation system and leaderboard to highlight and reward users actively engaged in the user community.
• Customizable idea tabs for users and product managers to easily locate and access top-ranked ideas.
• Improved integrations link new ideas to existing Rally stories or promote and update idea statuses based on any Rally story state.
Rally provides the most comprehensive set of PPM integrations of any Agile ALM platform on the market today. Creating a single source of record for decision-making across the enterprise, Rally is announcing integrations with leading project portfolio management solutions, including:
• Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (EPPM) 8 – Analyze critical data from Agile development teams and adjust investment priorities within the organization’s portfolio of IT projects.
• Daptiv – Gain executive-level visibility across project portfolios with multi-process Agile support.
• Planisware 5.2 – Collaborate and improve efficiency between product managers and Agile development teams.
• CA Clarity PPM, built by Pervasive Software, available September 2011 – Integrates Agile development cost information with total project costing and financial planning.
• AgileEVM – Automatically imports Rally release data and iteration outcomes to create reports for managing Agile software portfolios.