Real-Time Innovations (RTI), the real-time Internet of Things communications platform company, today announced Connext DDS 5.1, the latest version of the company’s robust software platform for the rapid development and integration of distributed Intelligent Systems.
The Internet of Things (IoT) poses significant new scalability, extensibility and deployment challenges. Legacy communication architectures and technologies simply cannot cope with the volume of applications and data, nor are flexible enough to handle the dynamic nature of IoT deployments. Connext DDS enables companies to break through these barriers.
Connext DDS is a next generation communications platform that leverages a powerful data-centric approach to address the challenges of big data in motion, Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication and system of systems integration to meet the needs of the Internet of Things. With over 60 new features and enhancements and 20+ additional platforms, Connext DDS 5.1 delivers an improved user experience and accelerates system development and deployment.
New features in Connext DDS include:
• Smart and dynamic routing of data across networks (such as local and wide area networks) based on applications’ current interest set – this eliminates the need to configure data flows and improves efficiency by filtering unsubscribed data at the source. As a result, systems can easily scale to handle thousands of applications and devices that distribute millions of unique data points.
• The ability to extend data types without breaking interoperability with already deployed applications. This allows the seamless introduction of new capabilities with requiring changes to existing applications or even system-wide restarts—a key requirement of mission-critical applications. This new capability complies with the DDS-XTypes standard.
• Simpler and more automated tuning – Built-in Quality of Service (QoS) profiles contain best practice configurations for common use cases. In addition, new protocol enhancements dynamically optimize throughput based on current message rates and consumers’ ability to accommodate them. This allows applications to communicate over different network types, such as cellular and wired, without requiring custom configurations.
About Connext DDS
Connext DDS is the only application-to-application messaging solution that combines extremely loose coupling with ultra-high performance and scalability, eliminating the need for custom messaging approaches and complex integration logic. It offers extensive Quality of Service controls to accommodate specific real-time data delivery needs with respect to frequency, timeliness and reliability.
Connext DDS ensures applications and systems receive the data they need, wherever they are, exactly when they need it.
Key Features Include:
• Interoperable across programming languages, operating systems, CPU families and network types
• Well-defined component interfaces for rapid integration
• Low latency and high throughput
• Deterministic even under load and at scale
• Reliable multicast for efficient data distribution
• Peer-to-peer communication with no message brokers and servers
• Non-stop availability with live upgrades and no single point of failure
• Fully compliant with the OMG DDS standard