Microsoft will no longer provide security updates, technical support or hotfixes for Visual Studio 2005 as of April 12. The company announced it is ending support for all VS 2005 products, components and runtimes included with them.
These products include:
- Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition
- Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite
- All Visual Studio 2005 Team Editions
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Test Load Agent
- Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Visual C# 2005 Express Edition
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition
In addition, the company announced Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server support will end on July 12.
All later versions of Visual Studio will continue to be supported for the rest of their established support life cycle.
Human Go champion finally beats AI
The champion Go player Lee Sedol won his first match against Google’s artificial intelligence program, AlphaGo, after losing three straight matches to the AI.
Against Sedol, who is ranked fifth in the world, AlphaGo made a mistake on move 79 and only realized its error by move 87, according to tweets from Deep Mind cofounder Demis Hassabis, said a Forbes report.
Commentators said AlphaGo made mistakes during the match, and it was unable to recover. AlphaGo cofounder Demis Hassabis said that the weaknesses and mistakes of the AI will help them figure out if something is missing from it.
Snapdragon 820 helps create VR experiences for developers
Qualcomm has introduced a new virtual reality software development kit to help it create immersive VR experiences for smartphones and VR headsets.