There’s a new tool designed to simplify asynchronous code for front-end Web developers, and a free online course to go with it.
The course is supposed to last about 24 hours. It walks developers through building an “Exoplanet Explorer” app that reads and displays live data using Promises, according to the Android Developer blog. Additionally, developers can learn to use the Fetch API. The course can be found on Udacity’s website.
• using functions to return objects and other functions
• basic understanding of scope and closures
• reading and writing named and anonymous callbacks
• array methods like .forEach and .map
• the ability to use GitHub to clone repos and checkout branches
• comfort with command-line tools